Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Retro Movies Channel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Movies Channel

I hope I don't incur the wrath of Steve Crook by mentioning a channel that does not show British films. When Sky had a change round of Channel numbers recently, Talking Pictures moved from 343 to 328. While I was searching for the new base I came across Channel 327 which is Retro Movies which for my money is an American version of Talking Pictures with teething problems and utter chaos as films lose their endings or are not shown as advertised. Example I tuned into what was meant to be Santa Fe Trail today only to find a Joan Crawford film instead. Last week I recorded Stagecoach which magically lost the last 15 minutes. Has anyone else experienced any problems ?. I don't think it's on Freeview as yet.

i am a virgin guy (!) and we do not seem to have that channel (yet).

Comment

The opinions shown at https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Enterta...l/td-p/2839718 are not encouraging

Steve

Comment

• alan gowdy
        alan gowdy commented
        Editing a comment
        The description 'shambles' comes to mind.

I decided to record a s couple of films overnight.Th previous film overran by 20 minutes so I lost the last 20 minutes of the second film.
      A number of the films have been shown on Talking Picturesj

Comment

Like the classic on today Apache riffles? That's not a gun that's a riffle even Sky's planner is in on the act R.I.F.L.E!

Comment

On Tuesday night,I wanted to record a film called Cause for alarm.It was shown as showing on the schedule on the screen.Only at that time Fathers Little Dividend appeared on the screen.I do wonder what's going on.

Comment

I am a virgin too

Comment

Where can you find a schedule for this channel? I won't use the adjective "accurate", however.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
                Where can you find a schedule for this channel? I won't use the adjective "accurate", however.
                Grimms' Fairy Tales !!

Comment

Working...
                X