Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Talking Pictures coming to Virgin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking Pictures coming to Virgin

The moment I've been waiting for Talking Pictures is coming to Virgin TV on 1st June. Channel 445. I am really looking forward to this.

Good news, I can't get it on Freeview

Steve

Comment

Thanks Googie that was worth knowing.

Comment

Glad to pass on the good news

Comment

They are showing 'The Night Caller' tonight so TP seems to be on my wavelength and looking forward to getting it..
          The Night Caller use to be a perennial at ITV, I always use to look forward to seeing this very cheap film shot by John -one take-no nonsense- Gilling....something about it in groovy sort of way with a few good set pieces.. and of course with people disappearing on a regular basis in real life.. does make you wonder

Comment

Originally posted by googiefan View Post
            The moment I've been waiting for Talking Pictures is coming to Virgin TV on 1st June. Channel 445. I am really looking forward to this.
            Is it free though? Or do you have to subscribe to Virgin's movie package?

Comment

I'm not sure yet. I'll find out and post when I know. Hope it's part of the basic package we pay for.

Comment

Talking Pictures TV has been available via satellite for free for a long time, i.e. nothing whatsoever to do with Sky, a Sky digibox or subscription. Even if you bought a satellite camping kit from Aldi or Lidl you could receive this by putting up a dish yourself - which trust me, if you are allowed to, isn't very hard work at all.

This channel is without doubt the best one out there at '28 east' and trumps anything pumped out by Sky or the BBC, well worth watching if you like old film and TV.

Comment

Yes, result!

Comment

Hmm, well I've just checked Thursdays listings on the old Tivo box and there is nothing listed for Talking Pictures and 445 has nothing. Where did your info come from Googie?

Comment

http://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/video...-virgin-media/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
                        Hmm, well I've just checked Thursdays listings on the old Tivo box and there is nothing listed for Talking Pictures and 445 has nothing. Where did your info come from Googie?
                        It was on air from 1st June as Googiefan said. If you checked last night then it was still 31st May !. I'm pleased to report that the Radio Times now has TPTV listings.

Comment

TPTV is on my Virgin Tivo box on channel #445

Steve

Comment

Checking next week's Radio Times I see that on Monday next week (5th June) Talking Pictures are showing two rarely seen, more recent, Norman Wisdom films:
                            12:00 What's Good for the Goose (1969) - Listed as a Comedy but not a very funny one (IMHO)
                            22:00 Double X: The Name of the Game (1992) - A thriller / crime drama

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by oddbodjunior View Post

It was on air from 1st June as Googiefan said. If you checked last night then it was still 31st May !. I'm pleased to report that the Radio Times now has TPTV listings.
                              I'm not that much of a prawn Oddjob! I checked last night to see if Thursday's listings for TP were on the TIVO. They weren't when I checked, happily TP is now up and running and has some cracking movies lined up. My TIVO box will be demanding overtime!

Comment

Working...
                              X