Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • googiefan
    • Feb 2017

Talking Pictures coming to Virgin

The moment I've been waiting for Talking Pictures is coming to Virgin TV on 1st June. Channel 445. I am really looking forward to this.
  • Steve Crook
    Administrator
    • Dec 2016

Good news, I can't get it on Freeview

Steve

Comment

• Bert Quark
      • Mar 2017

Thanks Googie that was worth knowing.

Comment

• googiefan
        • Feb 2017

Glad to pass on the good news

Comment

• Bert Quark
          • Mar 2017

They are showing 'The Night Caller' tonight so TP seems to be on my wavelength and looking forward to getting it..
          The Night Caller use to be a perennial at ITV, I always use to look forward to seeing this very cheap film shot by John -one take-no nonsense- Gilling....something about it in groovy sort of way with a few good set pieces.. and of course with people disappearing on a regular basis in real life.. does make you wonder

Comment

• Tigon Man
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by googiefan
            The moment I've been waiting for Talking Pictures is coming to Virgin TV on 1st June. Channel 445. I am really looking forward to this.
            Is it free though? Or do you have to subscribe to Virgin's movie package?

Comment

• googiefan
              • Feb 2017

I'm not sure yet. I'll find out and post when I know. Hope it's part of the basic package we pay for.

Comment

• jno
                • Feb 2017

Talking Pictures TV has been available via satellite for free for a long time, i.e. nothing whatsoever to do with Sky, a Sky digibox or subscription. Even if you bought a satellite camping kit from Aldi or Lidl you could receive this by putting up a dish yourself - which trust me, if you are allowed to, isn't very hard work at all.

This channel is without doubt the best one out there at '28 east' and trumps anything pumped out by Sky or the BBC, well worth watching if you like old film and TV.

Comment

• zabadak
                  • Mar 2017

Yes, result!

Comment

• Tigon Man
                    • Jan 2017

Hmm, well I've just checked Thursdays listings on the old Tivo box and there is nothing listed for Talking Pictures and 445 has nothing. Where did your info come from Googie?

Comment

• Big Figure
                      • Dec 2016

Talking Pictures TV on Virgin Media Channel 445 We are proud to announce that on June 1st 2017, Talking Pictures TV will be launching on the Virgin platform, Channel No. 445.

Comment

• oddbodjunior
                        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Tigon Man
                        Hmm, well I've just checked Thursdays listings on the old Tivo box and there is nothing listed for Talking Pictures and 445 has nothing. Where did your info come from Googie?
                        It was on air from 1st June as Googiefan said. If you checked last night then it was still 31st May !. I'm pleased to report that the Radio Times now has TPTV listings.

Comment

• Steve Crook
                          Administrator
                          • Dec 2016

TPTV is on my Virgin Tivo box on channel #445

Steve

Comment

• Steve Crook
                            Administrator
                            • Dec 2016

Checking next week's Radio Times I see that on Monday next week (5th June) Talking Pictures are showing two rarely seen, more recent, Norman Wisdom films:
                            12:00 What's Good for the Goose (1969) - Listed as a Comedy but not a very funny one (IMHO)
                            22:00 Double X: The Name of the Game (1992) - A thriller / crime drama

Steve

Comment

• Tigon Man
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by oddbodjunior

It was on air from 1st June as Googiefan said. If you checked last night then it was still 31st May !. I'm pleased to report that the Radio Times now has TPTV listings.
                              I'm not that much of a prawn Oddjob! I checked last night to see if Thursday's listings for TP were on the TIVO. They weren't when I checked, happily TP is now up and running and has some cracking movies lined up. My TIVO box will be demanding overtime!

Comment

Working...