The Horror Channel Universal Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Horror Channel Universal Day.

The Horror Channel is the place to be today. Kicking off at 1PM with Dracula, followed at 2.30 with Frankenstein, 4PM The Mummy, 5.30 The Wolfman, and finishing at 7PM with The Creature From The Black Lagoon. Enjoy.

Thanks for the info. Cassidy - I'm watching as I type this !. I wish the BBC would resurrect their Horror Double Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by oddbodjunior View Post
      Thanks for the info. Cassidy - I'm watching as I type this !. I wish the BBC would resurrect their Horror Double Bills.
      I so miss the horror double bills even though I have many on DVD it was such a pleasure sitting down on a Saturday night to enjoy them with family members. And even more of a pleasure talking about them with your friends on Sunday and at school, happy days.

Comment

I recorded & watched these. Julie Adams still made my heart skip a beat!

Comment

They have done. They're called Party Political Broadcasts !!!

Comment

Originally posted by tv horror View Post

I so miss the horror double bills even though I have many on DVD it was such a pleasure sitting down on a Saturday night to enjoy them with family members.
            BBC2 used to show some classics back then with their double bills, including various Hammer titles. Like yourself, I now have near enough all the films that were shown on either DVD or Blu-ray, but the double bills were a good introduction for me to the world of classic horror going right back to the 30's Universal classics. I was still at school when they were originally broadcast in the late 70's.

Equally, I used to enjoy BBC2's 'Moviedrome' series as well from the late 80's right through the 1990's, with Alex Cox introducing the films for the first few series.
            Last edited by Carl V; 2nd December 2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

BBC2 used to show some classics back then with their double bills, including various Hammer titles. Like yourself, I now have near enough all the films that were shown on either DVD or Blu-ray, but the double bills were a good introduction for me to the world of classic horror going right back to the 30's Universal classics. I was still at school when they were originally broadcast in the late 70's.

Equally, I used to enjoy BBC2's 'Moviedrome' series as well from the late 80's right through the 1990's, with Alex Cox introducing the films for the first few series.
              I still have the video from a Christmas BBC double bill from many years ago of The Curse of Frankenstein and Dracula

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post

I still have the video from a Christmas BBC double bill from many years ago of The Curse of Frankenstein and Dracula
                A great double bill there. Even Channel 4 had a season back in 1986 called the "Monster Horror Season" which showed horror films mostly from the 1930's and 40's. However Channel 4 didn't appear to have regular seasons from year to year like the BBC did, but the occasional one they had contained some good movies.

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post

They have done. They're called Party Political Broadcasts !!!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	clapping.gif
Views:	37
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	81121

I have a new sticker on my front door saying "No political campaigning or leaflets

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	clapping.gif
Views:	37
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	81121

I have a new sticker on my front door saying "No political campaigning or leaflets

Steve
                    Nice try but they still have them...

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post

Nice try but they still have them...
                      Let them still campaign or leaflet as much as they want. As long as they don't disturb me

None of this campaigning or leaflet affects anything anyway.

Most people can't be influenced that easily

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Let them still campaign or leaflet as much as they want. As long as they don't disturb me

None of this campaigning or leaflet affects anything anyway.

Most people can't be influenced that easily

Steve
                        OK I'm convinced!

Comment

Working...
                        X