Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Horror Channel Universal Day.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Horror Channel Universal Day.

    The Horror Channel is the place to be today. Kicking off at 1PM with Dracula, followed at 2.30 with Frankenstein, 4PM The Mummy, 5.30 The Wolfman, and finishing at 7PM with The Creature From The Black Lagoon. Enjoy.

  • #2
    Thanks for the info. Cassidy - I'm watching as I type this !. I wish the BBC would resurrect their Horror Double Bills.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by oddbodjunior View Post
      Thanks for the info. Cassidy - I'm watching as I type this !. I wish the BBC would resurrect their Horror Double Bills.
      I so miss the horror double bills even though I have many on DVD it was such a pleasure sitting down on a Saturday night to enjoy them with family members. And even more of a pleasure talking about them with your friends on Sunday and at school, happy days.

      Comment


      • #4
        I recorded & watched these. Julie Adams still made my heart skip a beat!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by oddbodjunior View Post
          Thanks for the info. Cassidy - I'm watching as I type this !. I wish the BBC would resurrect their Horror Double Bills.
          They have done. They're called Party Political Broadcasts !!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tv horror View Post

            I so miss the horror double bills even though I have many on DVD it was such a pleasure sitting down on a Saturday night to enjoy them with family members.
            BBC2 used to show some classics back then with their double bills, including various Hammer titles. Like yourself, I now have near enough all the films that were shown on either DVD or Blu-ray, but the double bills were a good introduction for me to the world of classic horror going right back to the 30's Universal classics. I was still at school when they were originally broadcast in the late 70's.

            Equally, I used to enjoy BBC2's 'Moviedrome' series as well from the late 80's right through the 1990's, with Alex Cox introducing the films for the first few series.
            Last edited by Carl V; 2nd December 2019, 12:53 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Carl V View Post

              BBC2 used to show some classics back then with their double bills, including various Hammer titles. Like yourself, I now have near enough all the films that were shown on either DVD or Blu-ray, but the double bills were a good introduction for me to the world of classic horror going right back to the 30's Universal classics. I was still at school when they were originally broadcast in the late 70's.

              Equally, I used to enjoy BBC2's 'Moviedrome' series as well from the late 80's right through the 1990's, with Alex Cox introducing the films for the first few series.
              I still have the video from a Christmas BBC double bill from many years ago of The Curse of Frankenstein and Dracula

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cassidy View Post

                I still have the video from a Christmas BBC double bill from many years ago of The Curse of Frankenstein and Dracula
                A great double bill there. Even Channel 4 had a season back in 1986 called the "Monster Horror Season" which showed horror films mostly from the 1930's and 40's. However Channel 4 didn't appear to have regular seasons from year to year like the BBC did, but the occasional one they had contained some good movies.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cassidy View Post

                  Originally posted by oddbodjunior View Post
                  Thanks for the info. Cassidy - I'm watching as I type this !. I wish the BBC would resurrect their Horror Double Bills.
                  They have done. They're called Party Political Broadcasts !!!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	clapping.gif
Views:	37
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	81121

                  I have a new sticker on my front door saying "No political campaigning or leaflets

                  Steve

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	clapping.gif
Views:	37
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	81121

                    I have a new sticker on my front door saying "No political campaigning or leaflets

                    Steve
                    Nice try but they still have them...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by zabadak View Post

                      Nice try but they still have them...
                      Let them still campaign or leaflet as much as they want. As long as they don't disturb me

                      None of this campaigning or leaflet affects anything anyway.

                      Most people can't be influenced that easily

                      Steve

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

                        Let them still campaign or leaflet as much as they want. As long as they don't disturb me

                        None of this campaigning or leaflet affects anything anyway.

                        Most people can't be influenced that easily

                        Steve
                        OK I'm convinced!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X