Best Multi region Blu-ray player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Multi region Blu-ray player

Hello, can anyone recommend a good multi region blu-ray player, I don't care about the bells and whistles (basic) only that it plays US discs. I have a number of US horror related discs such as the recent Doctor X and Nightstalker tv series and I would just to pop the disc in and away we go. By the way I'm in the UK, thanks.

My Sony BDP-S5500 is still doing good service, though it's an old model now.
    I got it from Multiregionmagic who have a good selection of more recent models on their website:
    www.mrmdvd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tv horror View Post
    Hello, can anyone recommend a good multi region blu-ray player, I don't care about the bells and whistles (basic) only that it plays US discs. I have a number of US horror related discs such as the recent Doctor X and Nightstalker tv series and I would just to pop the disc in and away we go. By the way I'm in the UK, thanks.
    I think Doctor X may be region free (at least mine is!). And Mystery of the Wax Museum BD.

Comment

• tv horror
      tv horror
      tv horror commented
      Editing a comment
      And there I am sitting on the disc over Christmas plus it's my all time favourite horror film.

Originally posted by Robin Davies View Post
    My Sony BDP-S5500 is still doing good service, though it's an old model now.
    I got it from Multiregionmagic who have a good selection of more recent models on their website:
    www.mrmdvd.com/
    I bought a player from your link Robin and it works a treat many thanks.

Comment

On thé internet, type in Blu-ray region free DVD players for sale. Several companies do sell them modified to play Blu-ray Discs and DVD disc from different countries. Britain and Europe is a region two area, Canada, the U.S. is region one area. I think Russia is a region 3 area. South America a different region code. My Sony player will play all regions.

Comment

DVDs and Blu-rays are different technologies and use two separate systems for restricting which discs can be played in a non-universal player. DVDs use numbers for the regions; Blu-rays use letters.
        DVD regions
        Region 1 - USA, Canada and US territories
        Region 2 - UK, Western Europe, Japan, South Africa, Middle East, Egypt
        Region 3 - Southeast Asia, East Asia, Hong Kong
        Region 4 - Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Central and South America
        Region 5 - Former Soviet Union, India, Africa, North Korea
        Region 6 - China
        Region 7 - (reserved)
        Region 8 - Special international venues (airlines, cruise ships)

Blu-ray regions
        Region A:
        East Asia (except Mainland China and Mongolia), Southeast Asia, North America, South America and their dependencies.

Region B:
        Africa, Southwest Asia, Europe (except Russia and Kazakhstan), Oceania and their dependencies.

Region C:
        Central Asia, East Asia (Mainland China and Mongolia only), South Asia, central Eurasia and their dependencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
          On thé internet, type in Blu-ray region free DVD players for sale. Several companies do sell them modified to play Blu-ray Discs and DVD disc from different countries. Britain and Europe is a region two area, Canada, the U.S. is region one area. I think Russia is a region 3 area. South America a different region code. My Sony player will play all regions.
          Whilst it's a quite commonly and acceptably used term, "region-free" is not exactly the correct term. Anyone seeking information should also consider using the term "multi-region" which is a more precise description.

Comment

Thanks to Robin the one I bought plays all the discs that I need. However I can't help thinking that these companies should just use a universal region. It's the same with printers and their ink cartridges, after it's done the machine is practically throw away if you can't find a replacement.

Comment

Working...
            X