Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Sky Q.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Q.

I have recently changed my Sky box for the Sky Q package which I find quite brilliant as I can now record multiple programmes whilst watching a different channel. I was paying for insurance for my original Sky box which I now no longer do as the new system covers any box breakdowns so the monthly cost is almost the same.. It also gives me a second Sky box for the bedroom. Mind you it took me a bit of time to master the new handset. The only downside was that I lost all the films that I had stored on my old Sky box. Hopefully they will come round again.

Have you tried it with 4k yet?

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post
      The only downside was that I lost all the films that I had stored on my old Sky box. Hopefully they will come round again.
      I had that problem when I upgraded my Virgin Tivo box. You'd thing that they would have developed some way of trasferring things by now

Steve

Comment

The inability to transfer or view old files is a feature of their business model, not a bug. If you cancel Sky, apparently you won't be able to access your existing recordings.

In the case of Virgin, I suspect that the box probably does not have any outputs to allow that to happen. Sky boxes apparently no longer allow you to do that, except in SD, if at all. Both boxes are ultimately there to make sure only you get what you have paid for - to keep their product accessible only to those that have shelled out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post
          Have you tried it with 4k yet?
          I dont have 4K but a friend does and says it is compatible with Virgin 6. Probably best to check with Sky.

Comment

One of the reasons to get Sky Q ( and one which they are now starting to push) is the 4k access. Virgin as as well. I can barely find a TV to show customers that's over 40in and isn't 4k, and that's been the case for about a year or more. It's a 4k world now, and the content providers are going to have to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post
              The inability to transfer or view old files is a feature of their business model, not a bug. If you cancel Sky, apparently you won't be able to access your existing recordings.
              That is why I wnet the Virgin V6 route so I can access the outputs to my DVD recorder,If he Original post was to buy a cheap dvd recorder they could record ont their recorder and keep the films stored on them (not sure if Sky (old or new ) boxes allow that..anyone know?)

I wonder if the member was allowed to keep the old box? whilst having the new one?

Comment

Does anyone know a quick fix for downloading on SKY Q? I keep getting this "Pause Queue" on-screen message. The two programmes I'm trying to download are both listed and against each it says "Queued", then two options: "Start download" (select that and nothing happens) and "Cancel download" (select that and it does indeed vanish). Any ideas please?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonch View Post
                  Does anyone know a quick fix for downloading on SKY Q? I keep getting this "Pause Queue" on-screen message. The two programmes I'm trying to download are both listed and against each it says "Queued", then two options: "Start download" (select that and nothing happens) and "Cancel download" (select that and it does indeed vanish). Any ideas please?
                  I haven't had any problems downloading. Have you contacted Sky ?

Comment

Thanks cassidy - didn't need to in the end. The idiot proof tried and trusted "unplug, then plug back in" method worked first time. I gather this is an occasional but known glitsch in the system which Sky are working to resolve.

Comment

Working...
                    X