Mystery of a new combi video problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery of a new combi video problem

I bought a Funai combi HDR B2735D video DVD about eight years ago and left it boxed until I needed it and placed it in my inside garage, the thing is it's "twin" decided to pack up on me the other day. I opened the new video and other than the start up lights going on it went dead, I can only assume that it was the years storage however it was placed on a shelf by itself and no body had touched it in years, until I decided to use it as a replacement. I've replaced the fuse and such and other than a few blinks of life over a few hours nothing, can anyone suggest anything? I don't want to throw it out as the machine was very reliable it it would be a waste. One more thing it has a built in hard drive it that's any use. Thanks in advance for any help.

Originally posted by tv horror View Post
    I've replaced the fuse and such and other than a few blinks of life over a few hours nothing,
    Have you changed the fuse within the recorder itself and not only from the mains plug?

Comment

I've never tried anything like that replacing a fuse inside, where would I even look? Thank you for replying Metro.

Comment

Originally posted by tv horror View Post
        where would I even look? .
        Unplug the machine from the mains socket then try taking off the main metal case and you should see a fuse (clear glass type one) near where the mains leads into the back of the machine,Once you find it replace it with another of similar ampage and see if that works.

It looks something like this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/250v-Quick-.../dp/B0036PJ2UA

Comment

If I don't check in tomorrow I've been fried!

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

Have you changed the fuse within the recorder itself and not only from the mains plug?
            Thank you for the advice on the fuse I replaced it and other than a quick low drive noise nothing, no lights appeared at start up only the sound. I wonder does anyone fx these videos anymore as it seems a shame to throw out a brand new machine just out of its box, however thank you Metro for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
            X