VLC - Soundtrack out of sync

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLC - Soundtrack out of sync

I've recently noticed that when using VLC to play dvds I've made from television broadcasts that the soundtrack is out of sync. Is there an adjustment to make it play in sync?

Hit the J or K (hot) key on your keyboard to re-sync, J drags the audio back to align with the visual, K pushes it forwards. Update your device and you won't have the same problem, I used to have to do this continually on some files until I updated to Windows 10 and a more modern video card.

Comment

Duffy Moon - Many thanks for your message. I understand that I have a 'J' and 'K' key on my computer but I don't know what a 'J or K (hot) key' is. So I don't know how to get things back into sync.

Comment

Compare the DVD in another player, it may not be VLC causing the problem.

Recommended even better than VLC - Daum PotPlayer
        https://potplayer.daum.net

You also should test it on another computer.
        Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 15th March 2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Matheson View Post
          Duffy Moon - Many thanks for your message. I understand that I have a 'J' and 'K' key on my computer but I don't know what a 'J or K (hot) key' is. So I don't know how to get things back into sync.
          They're Hotkeys as defined by VLC in the Settings
          Tools menu > Preferences > Hotkey (icon along the top of the settings window)

k = audio delay up
          j = audio delay down

It's going to be annoying if you have to adjust this setting every time you play a particular DVD. You may have to consider digitising the DVD and (de)muxing the file with a permanent built-in audio delay/advance if you want to play the file multiple times, Let's know if you want help with this.

Do you record the program directly to a RW DVD, or is it saved as a file then converted to a DVD ? What programs do you use ?
          Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 15th March 2019, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X