Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying a film from Tivo V6

Hi,
    Is it possible to copy a film recorded on a Virgin Media Tivo V6 to a hard drive or DVD please?

Many thanks

There was a previous thread not so long ago covering the same subject. in short the answer is NO>

Apart from certain channels which cannot be recorded, for the rest you should have recorded the film at the time direct to a DVD recorder. In this respect you would need a HDMI to Scart convertor such as the one made by Neotek Do not fall into the trap of buying a cable with a different plug on each end since this will NOT work.

Comment

As johng has said, we have been down this road before.

Since I dont have a Tivo, I have no idea whats on the back of them, or the various different models various attributes. But once you think that a Tivo box is to allow you to record, but only stuff you have paid Virgin for, you can see why Virgin doesnt want you offloading content onto DVD, etc.

HDMI's have never been used to offload content onto an external drive or DVD recorder, and that includes Sky and Humax. Its not impossible to find perhaps an old box that uses scart which does allow you to transfer, but it will be in SD only, and you will need to find a scart equipment DVD recorder. In short, dont bother.

Comment

The V6 box has a whole row of sockets but the only relevant one is HDMI to connect to the TV. it has the means to record 6 different channels to solid state hard drives at the same time whilst you are watching a seventh channel. Personally these days I doubt if I could find one programme worth recording never mind six possibly apart from time shifting.

I don't think any DVD recorders were made with HDMI "in" although some of the latter ones had HDMI "out"

Comment

you would need a HDMI to Scart convertor such as the one made by Neotek this can be found on Amazon or ring up virgin and get one of there old boxes this is what i still have and i copy material every day

Comment

Go with post #5 above

The old thread is here.

https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/li...gs-onto-a-dvdr

HDMI to Scart convertor here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Con.../dp/B01GFPCHYA

Depending on the film you want copied (What was the title ? ) It might be better/cheaper to buy the film if available on DVD.
            Last edited by Silver Bullet; 27 December 2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

GBH the older tivo boxes from virgin also let you copy off Youtube and nettflix

Comment

Many thanks for all your responses.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerboy View Post
                  GBH the older tivo boxes from virgin also let you copy off Youtube and nettflix
                  Indeed you can via Scart to Scart.

Or

You can also copy those two above via the Scart to HDMI converter.

Comment

Working...
                  X