VPN recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN recommendation

What is the best VPN service for Netflix and Hulu? And why? Any advice?

What is a VPN? I've never heard of it, I'm thinking is it a pay per view service?

Comment

Originally posted by tv horror View Post
      What is a VPN? I've never heard of it, I'm thinking is it a pay per view service?
      A VPN is a Virtual Private Network.
      It extends a private network across a public network and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. Applications running across a VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network. Encryption is a common, although not an inherent, part of a VPN connection

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network for more details about them.

Steve

Comment

• tv horror
        tv horror commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Steve for the explanation, thank goodness I only use the on and off switch on my PC.

Thanks, for helping... but I think my question still needs an opinion... I found only this site about VPN.
      Last edited by peterwright; 9 July 2020, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I have a close friend who lives in the US and I imagine her recommendations will apply.
        I’m assuming you are GB based. She uses ‘Express VPN’ and has been nothing but happy.
        They’re based in the British Virgin Islands (a privacy haven) and have kept ahead of Netflix’s
        attempt to block viewing from outside the host country (as of June 2020) and will even help
        you find the right server if you encounter a ‘geolock’. ‘Express' scores high on many ‘best VPN’
        lists and she got a 30 day trial ’no questions asked’ to check it out before signing up. She says
        'Nord VPN' was another top choice but so far is very happy with ‘Express’.

Comment

Working...
        X