Software for disc to disc recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for disc to disc recording

Hi, I have been using Nero 8 for a few years now to do my dvd disc to dvd disc recording.
    But lately it has been playing up and won't always work anymore - which I don't understand why.

There are lots of free things been recommended to me, but they invariably are only for recording software from a computer and don't have disc to disc capability.
    Also, as I have other software for editing, etc, this is also not the top requirement - though this usually comes as standard with a software package.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good software for disc to disc recording?

Thanks.

Been using DVD Decrypterfor years its free and very simple to use

Comment

DVD Shrink 3.2 - Free and simple.

Comment

Thanks - i'll check them out.

Comment

Do you have 2 DVD trays and are doing direct disk-to-disk copying, or have you been ripping the re-burning?

Also, have you considered converting disk to video file ?

Comment

I have used Nero for years and have never heard of anyone having problems. This to me would suggest that the programme has got corrupted as can often happen.

Before looking for other software , if you still have the original disc which came with Nero why not remove it and reinstall when you may find that this solves the problem

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
              Do you have 2 DVD trays and are doing direct disk-to-disk copying, or have you been ripping the re-burning?

Also, have you considered converting disk to video file ?
              Yes, disc to disc.
              Is it better to do disc to video file?

Comment

Originally posted by johng View Post
                I have used Nero for years and have never heard of anyone having problems. This to me would suggest that the programme has got corrupted as can often happen.

Before looking for other software , if you still have the original disc which came with Nero why not remove it and reinstall when you may find that this solves the problem
                Yes exactly what I tried - but no good. It always worked fine and has only started becoming troublesome over the past few months - and getting worse and worse.
                I tried the trays with other programs - thinking they were the problem - but they work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Marcus View Post

Yes, disc to disc.
                  Is it better to do disc to video file?
                  Nowadays, yes.

- Easier conversion process
                  - Less expensive (no cost of extra DVD), and most software for this process is legally/legitimately free.
                  - Less storage space required
                  - Most playback devices have USB and/or wifi/streaming capabilities
                  - Much simpler/easier to keep back up copies

But if you're going to try this, always keep your originals (DVDs) while you experiment i.e. Don't get rid of the DVD immediately you've created a digital copy.

And just do a couple first, using whatever software/method you choose, and test the digital video file out on ALL your devices ... it may work on one or more devices but not on every one.

Comment

The only other thing I can think of is - are you using the latest update for Nero 8. Not sure which version of Nero 8 you are using, but if you obtained it quite a long time ago it is very likely that Nero will have updated the software a few times and it might be worthwhile going into their site and making sure that you have the latest update - earlier ones could have bugs which are now causing your problems.

Comment

Thanks both - I will check both things out.

Comment

Working...
                      X