1984 starring Peter Cushing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 starring Peter Cushing.

Released in 1954, Blue-Ray release, made for the telly. Starring Donald Pleasence and Peter Cushing. It will be released in 4 months. According to the information I have read, it has been restored. Black and white print. It might be of some interest to some viewers of Britmovie forums. I would like to obtain a good copy of the 1956 version, the stars Edmond O’Brien and Jan Sterling. Blue-Ray release.
    Eric7885
    Last edited by Eric7885; 27 December 2021, 05:04 PM. Reason: Information

Why do you still insist on writing Blue-Ray when the technology is blu-ray?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
      Released in 1954, Blue-Ray release, made for the telly. Starring Donald Pleasence and Peter Cushing. It will be released in 4 months. According to the information I have read, it has been restored. Black and white print. It might be of some interest to some viewers of Britmovie forums. I would like to obtain a good copy of the 1956 version, the stars Edmond O’Brien and Jan Sterling. Blue-Ray release.
      I could watch Peter Cushing open a packet of Eggs, I love that man. Is there a link on who is bringing it out, thanks.

Comment

• Eric7885
        Eric7885
        Eric7885 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s being released by Twilightime video. This blu-ray version starring Peter Cushing is a region one blu-ray release. If you should decide to purchase it, make sure your blu-ray player plays region one. I think it is locked to region one.

Was it 2004 that the restored version was announced then cancelled?

Comment

As I recall, in 2004 the restored version that was announced, then canceled, was the version starring Richard Burton. I could be wrong. The blu-ray version, being released in about 4 months is the version, made for the telly, starring Peter Cushing.

Comment

As I recall, in 2004 the restored version that was announced, then canceled, was the version starring Richard Burton. I could be wrong. The blu-ray version, being released in about 4 months is the version, made for the telly, starring Peter Cushing.
          Yes - the Peter Cushing version - a DVD was announced and the film prints had been restored using the VidFIRE process - used on the BBC's vintage DVDs at the time. I seem to recall there was a public screening of the result just before the release was canned - some thing to do with the 1984 (1984) release and the Orwell estate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Dando View Post
            Why do you still insist on writing Blue-Ray when the technology is blu-ray?
            Both wrong! It's officially Blu-ray.

Comment

Blu-Ray, blu-ray. I apologized for my English spelling and the knowledge of English. I speak both languages fluently, but my spelling errors, I apologize for. I will try to do better.

Comment

Working...
              X