Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Blood from the Mummy's Tomb (1971)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
    I’ve had a multi-region DVD/Blu-Ray player for ages. A Technika BRSS10 bought from Tesco. I wouldn’t buy any player that only plays disks from a single region. It is set as multi-region with a few commands on the remote

I always think that any region controls go against the idea of free trade. Why shouldn’t I be able to buy & play disks from any country or area?

Steve
    Dear Steve
    I'm hoping to pick up a used Technika BRSS10 from ebay, can you let me know the info for playing multi-region DVDs and Blu-rays (in case it isn't supplied)?
    Many thanks!
    David.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Blimp View Post

Dear Steve
      I'm hoping to pick up a used Technika BRSS10 from ebay, can you let me know the info for playing multi-region DVDs and Blu-rays (in case it isn't supplied)?
      Many thanks!
      David.
      Hello Colonel,
      Looking on https://www.avforums.com/threads/tec...luray.1383542/ I see:

Switch on
      open tray
      press "set-up" on remote
      enter 9113

An additional configure menu will come up on the left hand side of the screen that allows you to change the dvd region to any or region free. Below that it lets you set the Bluray region to A, B or C.

Check a few of the other comments on that avforums page if you have any troubles

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the info Steve - sorry for the late reply, I haven't been around for a while. I was watching one of those players on ebay but just missed out, so I'll keep a note of those instructions and hopefully grab that model soon!

Comment

I'm still using my much used and loved Panasonic multi-region Blu-ray player and have never had a problem with it refusing a disc.....They are available on Amazon for £100-200. So, if the rare film you want is only available in South Korea or wherever you can still play the disk. Some collectors like myself scour the world for those obscure but beautiful films that turn up very occasionally in far off lands.....I'm surprised most people on here haven't already got a muti-region...

Comment

Sarge,
            I have a Panasonic DMP-BD81 Blu Ray player which is great, but not multi-region, which I could really use. I know from DVD players that Panasonic were nearly impossible to hack (ie could not be made multi-region by inputting a code, like many other manufacturers like Phillips could) and had to be chipped. I thought this was the same with their blu ray players. Could you recommend a new Panasonic Blu Ray model that is multi-region?
            Thanks,
            Edward G.

[QUOTE=Sgt Sunshine) I'm still using my much used and loved Panasonic multi-region Blu-ray player and have never had a problem with it refusing a disc.....They are available on Amazon for £100-200. So, if the rare film you want is only available in South Korea or wherever you can still play the disk. Some collectors like myself scour the world for those obscure but beautiful films that turn up very occasionally in far off lands.....I'm surprised most people on here haven't already got a muti-region...
            [/QUOTE]

Comment

• Sgt Sunshine
              Sgt Sunshine commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Edward....
              I stick with Panasonic and suggest the multi-region layer DMP-BD84EB.....Available on Amazon for £149....Good value
              Cheers
              Sgt S

Cheers Sarge, when you speak we all stand to attention!

Comment

Edward - while you can buy a multi region blue ray, you will be paying way over the odds for that feature. That Panasonic bd 84 is about £59 to buy normally, as is pretty old and basic by player standards. If you can get away with just dvd playback, then you can get it for about £70.

Multiregiondvd seems to be still trading online, although the store itself ( which isn't far from me) doesn't seem to be doing much, so that an alternative from Amazon.

The other way of doing g things is to use your Pc's optical drive and VIC (which ignores regionalisation) and then network it to your tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post
                Edward - while you can buy a multi region blue ray, you will be paying way over the odds for that feature. That Panasonic bd 84 is about £59 to buy normally, as is pretty old and basic by player standards. If you can get away with just dvd playback, then you can get it for about £70.

Multiregiondvd seems to be still trading online, although the store itself ( which isn't far from me) doesn't seem to be doing much, so that an alternative from Amazon.

The other way of doing g things is to use your Pc's optical drive and VIC (which ignores regionalisation) and then network it to your tv.
                Hi Bonekicker,
                Thanks for the information here. The thing is I have other region Blu Ray discs, as well as other region DVDs, so I am after a Blu Ray/DVD player that covers all regions of both formats.Had a look on Amazon and Ebay earlier and the Panasonic DMP-BD84EB sells low enough (around £50) but on the same model you seem to have to shell out £100 + to get the multi-region on both formats. I use the excellent VLC player on my PC but need a stand-alone player for my media room...

Comment

I understand the need for multi region, although blue rays seem to have fewer region set discs generally than DVDs. The £100 plus cost does seem to be standard, so if your shelling out, so for a higher spec model. The Sony 6700 or Panasonic equivalent have 4k upscaling as well, etc, and so are more futureproofed. Yes, they seem to be £199 but that fifty quid is still cheaper than having to buy another one in a year or two.

If you can network the device in your media room to your PC, which is easy enough, then you could use your pc as a media player, which not only would be prefer effective, since you could bring up any content you like, but would save you having to buy another player. Give the networking a go (if the tv etc is smart then its ready to go), and at least you give yourself more options.

Comment

I haven't seen that movie but added to my wishlist

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post
                      I understand the need for multi region, although blue rays seem to have fewer region set discs generally than DVDs. The £100 plus cost does seem to be standard, so if your shelling out, so for a higher spec model. The Sony 6700 or Panasonic equivalent have 4k upscaling as well, etc, and so are more futureproofed. Yes, they seem to be £199 but that fifty quid is still cheaper than having to buy another one in a year or two.

If you can network the device in your media room to your PC, which is easy enough, then you could use your pc as a media player, which not only would be prefer effective, since you could bring up any content you like, but would save you having to buy another player. Give the networking a go (if the tv etc is smart then its ready to go), and at least you give yourself more options.
                      Cheers Bonekicker, will let you know how I get on..

Comment

Actually,I don't drink.Not that it's anyone's business.

Alcoholism killed Seth Holts career and then killed him.
                        I am surprised anyone can be flippant about that

Comment

Originally posted by alexkevin View Post
                          I haven't seen that movie but added to my wishlist
                          Hope you enjoy it when you get to see it. One of my favourite later Hammers, and it gives the divinely gorgeous Valerie Leon a rare leading role (in fact two!). James Villiers (always good value) relishes playing the 'villain', a great supporting cast (George Coulouris, Aubrey Morris, and Rosalie Crutchley all delightfully over the top), with a sly wit in Christopher Wicking's script ("The meek shall NOT inherit the earth. They can't be trusted with it."), the only regret is that Peter Cushing had to leave due to his wife's ailing health (he was replaced by Andrew Keir).
                          Last edited by agutterfan; 11th June 2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Yes vacations are coming soon, after watching it I will tell you about my experience, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X