Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Shadow of Death & Mrs Amworth (Rare Chills) DVD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow of Death & Mrs Amworth (Rare Chills) DVD

I've heard of the Mrs Amworth drama, but the Shadow of Death title seems to have completely escaped any mention online. Looking forward to snapping this up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rare-Chills.../dp/B079ZT1XN6

Mrs Amworth is a film discussed on the 'Vault of Evil' (Ghost Stories etc.) website and is (or was) on You Tube. Thanks for pointing this out, Coleridge - I must check this out !!

Clarence

Comment

No problem Clarence, any info on the other title would be greatly welcomed, as there appears to be no trace of it online.

Comment

Mrs Amworth is genuinely creepy and features a splendid performance from Glynis Johns.

Comment

I Co-Produced The Shadow Of Death in 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by kelp View Post
            I Co-Produced The Shadow Of Death in 1976.
            That practically makes you royalty then on this forum. How come there isn't a single mention of the thing online? was it a very low budget affair?

Comment

Yes, low budget. Jack Woolgar and myself, a small crew, Barry Stokes, and a few others. It had a screening at Cannes in 1976, Vincent price was to have fronted it, it but he wanted full control over everything. This a still from the film. Jack with Barry. Click image for larger version  Name:	shadow2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.7 KB ID:	56116 Royalty, Nah.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on IMDB, even when you look up the actors that were in it. What was it about, and how long was the running time ?!.

Comment

Made for telly. R/T: 25 minutes. The story of a man who returns to an old hunting lodge, and there he meets....................... We had a lot of fun making this. Sadly Jack passed away. Such a dear friend; miss him every day.
                  Last edited by kelp; 17th April 2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I've pre-ordered my copy already, looks like a terrific little release from Kaleidoscope, I only wish they'do more of this sort of thing.

Comment

Hoping you enjoy it. Inside info: We shot it on a deserted Hunting Lodge Estate, with all interiors in the actual Lodge. The place really was creepy, so much so that if anyone needed to go....you know...outside; you went in two's! Kelp.

Comment

By the way Kelp, you do realise that everyone and his dog will now know your true identity when the credits roll? I say everyone, I of course mean the 150 people that buy a oopy. I don't suppose you played a hand in getting this released did you? if so, any chance of you inspiring some similar releases?

Comment

Ha,ha. Even producers have professional names, so not too concerned. No, sadly not personally involved, but I gave it my blessing to be released. I have no insider knowledge or influence on what is up for release. Sorry. Thanks for your interest in a film that would have just lingered on a shelf somewhere.

Comment

Caught mrs amsworth on youtube , nicely filmed in the summer ,"anyone no the location filmed in ?
                            anyway could hav been included in an anthology like beyond the grave ...

Comment

I read recently that all that had existed was a recording made on a Phillips 1500 video recorder and that a 16mm copy was found by Jack's son in the attic and that is the copy used for the DVD release. I've just bought a copy myself and I'm really looking forward to viewing it what a treat. Thank you Kelp for giving your blessing.

Comment

Working...
                              X