Shadow of Death & Mrs Amworth (Rare Chills) DVD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tv horror View Post
    I read recently that all that had existed was a recording made on a Phillips 1500 video recorder and that a 16mm copy was found by Jack's son in the attic and that is the copy used for the DVD release. I've just bought a copy myself and I'm really looking forward to viewing it what a treat. Thank you Kelp for giving your blessing.
    Hi, just a little snippet of info/trivia, only of interest to film fans. I revisited the location of The Shadow Of Death yesterday, and Oh my! When we filmed there it was a derelict old house in a wood; now....it is a beautiful baronial home. I am attaching two pictures, one a grainy old black & white photograph, and the other taken when we visited a few hours ago. Thanks. Kelp.

Comment

Love the idea of just half a dozen estate cars turning up at a location, and there being just one bloke with a camera on a tripod and a few sound men.. that's how it should be! you get a much more realistic, non-manufactured feel to the film too this way.. which is crucial in the horror genre.

Comment

I am amazed at the way the DVD is selling. I mean we did it back in the 1970's, and people are still interested. I understand that most sales are from the Interblob, although HMV did sell out last month. Thank you to old film lovers. Kelp.

Comment

Originally posted by kelp View Post
          I am amazed at the way the DVD is selling. I mean we did it back in the 1970's, and people are still interested. I understand that most sales are from the Interblob, although HMV did sell out last month. Thank you to old film lovers. Kelp.
          Hi Kelp, is there any chance of the distribution firm that has released this DVD continuing the trend by releasing some more long-forgotten supernatural dramas? I'd personally like to see a release of The Return starring Peter Vaughn. There must be dozens of 70s supernatural dramas out there that the rights could be snapped up for next to nothing. Here's to hoping more Rare Chills will follow..

Comment

Working...
          X