Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA Blu-Ray

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA Blu-Ray

Hello everyone. Not sure anyone mentioned the forthcoming Blu-Ray release of restored SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA in the US by WB Archive but here goes.

At long last we are going to get it on the 13th Nov 2018. It had been delayed a few times possibly due to subscription viewing prior to release but it is good to know that this neglected title will at last be available in very good quality. It will nicely partner DRACULA A.D.1972 which Warner's also restored and released this year on BR in a pretty superb resto for Hammer fans to enjoy.

Around £20 on the net and the final outing for the boys together in a Hammer Dracula movie.

That's good news, I love this.

Comment

So when they mean restored (apart from PQ that is ) will be a 1 sec added shot of Jane's exposed breast being pierced with a stake.that was removed from the release.

The original UK cinema print was cut by the BBFC to heavily edit the opening sacrifice scene, 2 staking scenes and the electrocution of a guard (the proposed cuts to the shooting of Torrence were never made). For the video release the same cut print was submitted and cut by a further 1 sec to remove a shot of Jane's exposed breast being pierced with a stake.

The CH4 showing (which I still have ) showed all of the BBFC cuts above.

Comment

It's actually already had technical reviews in the US and the quality is described as excellent.

Going by Warner Archive's work on Dracula A.D. 1972 which was outstanding I'm very much looking forward to completing the blu-ray set.

SRO DRACULA has been neglected for far too long. Well done Warner Archives it been a long wait for us olduns

Comment

Are these titles available through Amazon does anyone know? I've had a look but can't find anything - of these new releases?!
          Or if not, where best to get them from?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi. Satanic Rites of Dracula is on ebay as is the USA blu-ray of Drac A.D. 1972.
            The first film is available to order now and releases on 13th Nov.

Oh. The other two Hammers issued by them in 2015 were Taste the Blood of Dracula and Dracula has risen from the Grave. All you can pick up via ebay and they are excellent.

Those of us who have been Hammer fans for so long are grateful to have the opportunity to own and view these new film transfers to a quality we have never seen before. Each film has been scanned at 2K delivering superb pictures and Dolby sound on each Blu-Ray Warners have distributed. From the frame grabs I've seen of Satanic Rites Chris and Peter look the best they have in any Hammer film. Colours in these are vibrant, pin sharp and film emulsion is scratch free.

Looking back its been a long road of Hammer fandom from the time of endlessly searching for 16mm film prints to show at home in the 70's/80's and here we are full circle today with these films looking better and sounding great probably better than they did projected at your local flicks on a Cinemechanica projector nearly 50 years ago.

Thank you Warner Archive.
            Last edited by Mancunian Films; 6th November 2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Didn't realise they were just USA release - had previously been looking for a UK release blu ray!

Comment

Yes these are the Warner/Hammer films made at a time when Hammer were sadly financially struggling.
                Its also mooted a new 2K scan is underway of Dracula picking up from the earlier BFI one in 2007. If this does happen we should see it with the correct colour grading but we will have to wait and see. Mind you we've waited this long and it is wonderful to see the boys looking super sharp and full of life.

Bit of a update. Stock of Satanic Rites of Dracula Blu-Ray has arrived in the UK on Blu-Ray so its coming home all you Hammer fans at long last... I'll do a little review on here a little later but really pleased to see this all happen having practically worn a groove in my Laserdisc over the years of this film.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Satanic filming.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	63822
                Last edited by Mancunian Films; 6th November 2018, 11:44 AM. Reason: Extra updates

Comment

Its arrived Satanic Rites of Dracula is now available on Blu-Ray running a duration of 1.27.46 on the counter. (88mins)
                  Had a brief scan thru the disc and its best I have seen it looking along with the boys with excellent makeup and hair. Also included on the disc is the trailer and a good Blu-Ray to top off your Hammer collection.
                  As we know this one was very elusive with even rarer TV screenings and chopped on the majority of DVD's with very variable quality over many years. This new Blu-Ray thanks to Warner Archive scanned at 2K even and we will look forward to projecting it before very long.
                  Here is a snap off the monitor for the moment.

Name:	SRDr.jpg
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	63943

Comment

Is this locked Region A or an all regions BD, Mancunian?

Comment

I've ordered it, thanks - fingers and fangs crossed. Oops, Dracula doesn't like crosses . . .

Comment

Sorry for the delay Gerald been busy watching Dracula in all its glory. Yes it will play fine over here my friend, Peter in particular looks at his best in this one.

The release for Satanic Rites was delayed a few times as they merged two duplicating houses in the US which caused problems so 13th Nov was the official date. I had visions of this not happening for some reason or other as we know it has been a title very neglected and Hammer fans have been asking for it for years now me included. The BR is superb with around 24GB of data on it including a sharp trailer as well.
                      Many of the films I've wanted are region A particularly the 50's 3D restoration movies so I invested in a code free player which opened up a whole new world.
                      Enjoy the movie.

Name:	SRD2.jpg
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	64028
                      Last edited by Mancunian Films; 10th November 2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mancunian Films View Post
                        Sorry for the delay Gerald been busy watching Dracula in all its glory. Yes it will play fine over here my friend, Peter in particular looks at his best in this one.

The release for Satanic Rites was delayed a few times as they merged two duplicating houses in the US which caused problems so 13th Nov was the official date. I had visions of this not happening for some reason or other as we know it has been a title very neglected and Hammer fans have been asking for it for years now me included. The BR is superb with around 24GB of data on it including a sharp trailer as well.
                        Many of the films I've wanted are region A particularly the 50's 3D restoration movies so I invested in a code free player which opened up a whole new world.
                        Enjoy the movie.

Name:	SRD2.jpg
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	64028
                        Nice image there of Christopher Lee doing his Bela Lugosi impression and the only time we see Hammer's Dracula minus his cape.

Comment

Working...
                        X