Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA Blu-Ray

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do view all my films on a 10 foot wide screen, maybe One sees too much... may try it on a TV.

Comment

So does this have the 1 sec breast staking added shot (the previously BBFC cut ) and the other BBFC cuts reinstated?

Comment

It does have the Valerie van Ost staking, as far as I can tell it's the complete version..

What else do you think was missing?

Comment

I thought it looked very nice and crisp, Paul (including Valerie's staking).

Comment

Quite a nice review of it here. http://thedigitalbits.com/item/the-s...acula-2018-brd

When my Blu-Ray arrived we watched my Laserdisc of it which registered at 425 lines resolution projected as usual on our 8ft screen. As soon as the Blu-Ray hit the white screen it blew everything else out of the water a pretty amazing experience for me.

Yes the stake out sequence is in and the film is complete. As mentioned before the boys look great in this one for me anyway and it so brings back memories sat next to Dad watching it back in the day all those years ago with the old Philips 1500 VCR with its Teak casing and me switching those pesky 60 minutes chunks of tapes over to record it. It's good that these British films can evoke such fond memories for us...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Waines View Post

What else do you think was missing?
              The BBFCmade cuts to the opening sacrifice scene, 2 staking scenes and the electrocution of a guard (the proposed cuts to the shooting of Torrence were never made). For the video release the same cut print was submitted and cut by a further 1 sec to remove a shot of Jane's exposed breast being pierced with a stake.

Comment

Ooh, I hope this one pops up somewhere quick (cough, splutter).

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
                  Any extras included? Freddie Jones and Joanna Lumley commentary would be too much ro expect, of course

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

Any extras included? Freddie Jones and Joanna Lumley commentary would be too much ro expect, of course
                    Apart from reinstated nudity, no extras, I'm afraid.

Comment

After the decades of waiting I'm just happy we have it again and looking so fine.

These are MOD made on demand titles from the archive so will be produced in limited numbers. W

Comment

Apart from reinstated nudity, no extras, I'm afraid.
                        Such a shame. I realise these things are driven by sales numbers but are constantly letting opportunities slip through our fingers

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

The BBFCmade cuts to the opening sacrifice scene, 2 staking scenes and the electrocution of a guard (the proposed cuts to the shooting of Torrence were never made). For the video release the same cut print was submitted and cut by a further 1 sec to remove a shot of Jane's exposed breast being pierced with a stake.
                          So I suppose you could say that that particular version was only second breast !

Comment

Oh you are awful Cassidy but we love you.

Comment

It does look better on a smaller screen, I must say. Tried it on my 55" tv and it was quite presentable, but not as good as it should be..

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Waines View Post
                                Well, Satanic turned out to be a bit disappointing. The Trailer was in far better nick than the actual film, which is very soft focused, especially in the first 25 mins or so. Also around the time Peter meets up with Freddy Jones, the sound goes slightly out of sync for the rest of the film, which is bloody annoying. Some of the colours are not the best either, the greens are notably washed out. So overall a bit disappointing, still a better copy than the poor dvd that was out, but I'm afraid my VHS tape is so far the best copy out there, as the sound being out maybe a bit much to live with..
                                I see a couple of reviews on Amazon USA saying the same - that the image is very soft/out of focus at times, and that also there is a lip-sync problem (which is very annoying).
                                Seems maybe the discs vary if others on here have had no problem..?!
                                Last edited by Professor Marcus; 10th December 2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X