X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orson Welles Great Mysteries: Volume 1 from Network

This is good news to me:

https://networkonair.com/coming-soon...e-1-pre-order-

I remember watching this on Anglia TV when first broadcast. Looking forward to see La Grande Bret├Ęche with Peter Cushing and Susannah York.

Comment

Excellent news. I used to watch it but must admit that I can remember almost nothing about it. I'll have to buy it to refresh my memory.

Comment

The intro's and outro's were purportedly filmed in a single day in Paris, written, directed and spoken by Orson Welles (not directed by John Schlesinger as some reports say) and filmed by Gary Graver.
        Last edited by philly; 1st February 2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Anyone know if the 10 episodes on this German release feature on this new 13 episode British release?

https://www.pidax-film.de/Serien-Kla...ies::1049.html

My German is none too good and online translators aren't translating these episode titles very well.

Comment

As this was an ANGLIA series, how many of these episodes were filmed in Norfolk locations ?

Is it a filmed series, or was it mainly shot on video in the Norwich studios ?

Comment

Originally posted by julian_craster View Post
              As this was an ANGLIA series, how many of these episodes were filmed in Norfolk locations ?

Is it a filmed series, or was it mainly shot on video in the Norwich studios ?
              Of the episodes I've seen, Julian, the intros and outros with Orson Welles are on 16 mm and the stories are studio bound on tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Of the episodes I've seen, Julian, the intros and outros with Orson Welles are on 16 mm and the stories are studio bound on tape.
                Addendum: "Captain Rogers" has some location work on film; the interiors are recorded in the studio.

Comment

Working...
                X