Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Hammer House of Horror: The Complete Series [BLU-RAY]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer House of Horror: The Complete Series [BLU-RAY]

New Network released 23 October 2017

Many thanks for the heads-up. The Hammer episodes and another series called Armchair Thriller were great shows I recall from childhood.....back in the day when ITV actually showed programmes worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post
      Many thanks for the heads-up. The Hammer episodes and another series called Armchair Thriller were great shows I recall from childhood.....back in the day when ITV actually showed programmes worth watching.
      Not forgetting Hammer/TCF's earlier TV offering Journey to the Unknown .... which was uneven plot wise....but my oh my from the start and that spooky title sequence that series just oozed atmosphere and mood -an art that has been arguably lost now- best watched after midnight

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Quark View Post

Not forgetting Hammer/TCF's earlier TV offering Journey to the Unknown .... which was uneven plot wise....but my oh my from the start and that spooky title sequence that series just oozed atmosphere and mood -an art that has been arguably lost now- best watched after midnight
        I have to hold my hands up, I don't recall Journey to the Unknown. I always thought Armchair Thriller had a great introduction.....the shadow sitting down on an armchair and blood running down - as well as that creepy music. It set the atmosphere nicely, and you are absolutely right, an art that no longer exists.

Comment

I have to hold my hands up, I don't recall Journey to the Unknown. I always thought Armchair Thriller had a great introduction.....the shadow sitting down on an armchair and blood running down - as well as that creepy music. It set the atmosphere nicely, and you are absolutely right, an art that no longer exists.
          Oh let me introduce you to the title sequence - a whistle - and a deserted fairground ...touches a nerve.

Comment

That's a great opening sequence Bert, many thanks for the link. If only we could have quality programmes today like we had in the 60s and 70s.

I like the way it mentions "In Color" right at the start. Mind you, I guess many viewers would have still been watching in black & white back then.

Although not related in any way to the above, as a young kid I always found the World In Action theme a bit sinister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4LCieQ7UiM

I think the images in the opening sequence may have been different in the early 70s, but the music was certainly the same as I recall it.
            Last edited by Carl V; 25th July 2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Although not related in any way to the above, as a young kid I always found the World In Action theme a bit sinister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4LCieQ7UiM

I think the images in the opening sequence may have been different in the early 70s, but the music was certainly the same as I recall it.
              yes WIA titles had gravitas - they sort of said "you had better watch this"- great stuff

Comment

And produced by longtime Alfred Hitchcock confederate Norman Lloyd, who is now well into his 102nd year.

Comment

Working...
                X