ITV film Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITV film Archive

I have e mailed ITV to ask if and when they will be releasing any of the archive they own such as the Rank Catalogue. They said they had no plans at all. I emailed them back and said I felt this was scandalous. They should be proud of the archive, make it available and make some money from it. They didn’t reply this time. No surprise there, yet Studio Canal and Network seem to be doing a great job so far.

How many old Rank films do ITV have the rights to?

Steve

Comment

I can’t remember the number but there is about 20 plus things like This Sporting Life, Bitter Harvest, Victim and Seance on a wet Afternoon. They also own Importance of Being Earnest with Edith Evans and Good Time Girl. There was a few others but I can’t remember. I think the also own some of Gaumont Pictures as well. I am looking to see if they own Gainsborough Pictures as well. It looks so far like they do.

Comment

Finding out who has the rights to which titles is always a mess.

So often you can start with the original rights holder but then they can sell the rights to a batch of titles. And they can then sell on some of them, possibly mixing them with some other titles.

If only there was a common register of who owns what

Steve

Comment

Yes I do wish there was a register Steve, some of Rank financed films are with studio canal most Rank released films are with ITV. Studio Canal have Rocking Horse Winner and Weak and the Wicked. I have these on dvd but want them on Download.

Comment

I think the BFI should and could research, collate and make available a list of who owns the rights to what films. That would be something they could do for the money they get!

Comment

Originally posted by googiefan View Post
              I can’t remember the number but there is about 20 plus things like This Sporting Life, Bitter Harvest, Victim and Seance on a wet Afternoon. They also own Importance of Being Earnest with Edith Evans and Good Time Girl. There was a few others but I can’t remember. I think the also own some of Gaumont Pictures as well. I am looking to see if they own Gainsborough Pictures as well. It looks so far like they do.
              ITV Studios seem to only licence out their film library titles nowadays, mainly to Network (thank goodness for Network). The Gaumont and Gainsborough libraries went to Rank so ITV Studios will have those rights as well. ITV Studios also have the Alexander Korda library, some of which Network have also released.

Comment

Yes, thank goodness for Network, let’s hope they continue doing the releases especially on Download to Amazon Prime video. I am replacing all my films from DVD to download on Prime.

Comment

Working...
                X