Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Powell's "Honeymoon" (aka Luna de miel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Simply Home Entertainment catalogue has the Network DVD of Honeymoon listed as available now in the New Releases section.

Comment

Originally posted by philly View Post
      The new Simply Home Entertainment catalogue has the Network DVD of Honeymoon listed as available now in the New Releases section.
      Yes, at https://www.simplyhe.com/products/honeymoon-dvd Although that's the same one that I got some time ago.

Steve

Comment

Blu-ray and DVD to be released on July 19th according to Amazon pre-orders.

Blu-ray £12.99...DVD £8.99

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post
          Blu-ray and DVD to be released on July 19th according to Amazon pre-orders.

Blu-ray £12.99...DVD £8.99
          That's right, and I noticed the same thing being said on the HMV website.

Not sure what the one being advertised at 'Simply Home Entertainment' is, but I suspect if you try and buy it, a notification will pop up somewhere to indicate it's a pre-order. Or alternatively, it's a copy of the version that's already available, as Steve mentioned.

I have e-mailed Network, and as soon as I get a reply from them, I'll post it here.

Comment

Network have just sent me this reply:

Network Support
            (Network Distributing)

Mar 25, 2021, 17:46 GMT+1

Thanks for your email

I can confirm this title was delayed to allow for additional special features to be included

We will be announcing a release date very soon

Many thanks
            Joe

Some nice extras would be more than welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post
              Some nice extras would be more than welcome.
              What could they put as extras? Remember that it was made in 1959 & most of the participants are long since dead.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

What could they put as extras? Remember that it was made in 1959 & most of the participants are long since dead.

Steve
                No idea what they'll be, but I wouldn't mind betting that it may include a location featurette with "then and now" comparisons. That's only my guess of course. I did actually try looking myself using Google Maps and the locations mentioned on the IMDb, but so much has changed around that area over the past 60 years that providing an exact comparison shot would be quite challenging, apart from the images of the castle. - that hasn't changed a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

That's right, and I noticed the same thing being said on the HMV website.

Not sure what the one being advertised at 'Simply Home Entertainment' is, but I suspect if you try and buy it, a notification will pop up somewhere to indicate it's a pre-order. Or alternatively, it's a copy of the version that's already available, as Steve mentioned.

I have e-mailed Network, and as soon as I get a reply from them, I'll post it here.

What already available version? it's never been released in the UK before.

Comment

Originally posted by vanmunchen View Post

I think I bought my copy via Spain. I didn't keep the receipt so i can't be sure where I got it

Steve

Comment

What could they put as extras? Remember that it was made in 1959

Steve
                      You would be amazed what some companies can do nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bullet View Post

You would be amazed what some companies can do nowadays.
                        I would be amazed. Remember that most of the participants are long since dead

Who else could do anything, apart from just giving their opinions?

Steve

Comment

I would be amazed. Remember that most of the participants are long since dead

Who else could do anything, apart from just giving their opinions?

Steve
                          Film historians for one (or as you would put it "People who waffle on about stuff they do not know about" ) and also they might go into the archives and recycle some Powell related (or not ) stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by vanmunchen View Post

I'm talking about the Spanish release which came out a few years ago - that's the one I currently have. The disc being offered by 'Simply Home Entertainment' will most likely either be the Spanish disc, or it will be a pre-order for the Network release - I suspect it'll be the latter of the two. Yes they're using the same cover as the forthcoming Network DVD, but clearly that can't be available right now as they haven't even issued a release date for it yet, as confirmed when they e-mailed me yesterday.
                            Last edited by Carl V; 26 March 2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X