Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

City Of Tiny Lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Of Tiny Lights

Due for release on April 7th, 2017.

IMDB synopsis ... ''In the teeming, multicultural metropolis of modern-day London, a seemingly straightforward missing-person case launches a down-at-heel private eye into a dangerous world of religious fanaticism and political intrigue.''

I recently read the book on which this film is based. It is an excellent read, full of atmosphere, believable characters and an absorbing plot. If the film is anywhere near as good as the book it should be a corker.

Any relation to the Frank Zappa song?

Comment

Yes. The main character references the song in the opening paragraphs of the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Pykey View Post
        Due for release on April 7th, 2017.

IMDB synopsis ... ''In the teeming, multicultural metropolis of modern-day London, a seemingly straightforward missing-person case launches a down-at-heel private eye into a dangerous world of religious fanaticism and political intrigue.''

I recently read the book on which this film is based. It is an excellent read, full of atmosphere, believable characters and an absorbing plot. If the film is anywhere near as good as the book it should be a corker.
        The film was okay, but I wouldn't describe it as a corker. Rather downbeat and dark, with few likeable characters. It does raise a number of interesting questions amer then doesn't bother addressing them. I did like the lead actor, he was excellent.

Comment

I was very disappointed in the film, I had to travel to watch it wish I hadnt bothered waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Filmfan View Post
            I was very disappointed in the film, I had to travel to watch it wish I hadnt bothered waste of money.
            I can understand that, not a film anyone should be paying to watch!

Comment

Working...
            X