Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Murder On The Orient Express

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

Thanks. I didn't know the verb ''to modify'' had been modified to "to mod".
    It’s a common contraction here. But posters should remember that not everyone on the site is familiar with colloquial English “as she is spoke” here

Steve

Comment

'Modding' is a thing in itself now, from tech stuff to cars, to pretty much anything. Perhaps I should have used the phrase 'freely adapted'...which is pretty much what often happens with Christie.

Comment

Funny I've never heard it till now. I was expecting to be told it was American English.
        The usage could be a bit confusing though, because it could just as easily be an abbreviation of other verbs such as modernise, moderate, modulate, model.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
          Funny I've never heard it till now. I was expecting to be told it was American English.
          The usage could be a bit confusing though, because it could just as easily be an abbreviation of other verbs such as modernise, moderate, modulate, model.
          That's the trouble with lazy, careless abbreviations.

See the piece I wrote about the use of "Tech" at https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/li...ology%E2%80%9D

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
            I wonder if Dennis Waterman is going to sing the theme song ? ..... No wait, hang on, that was the other " ... On The Orient Express".
            apparently legend has it that he also wanted to sing the theme to The Sweeney

Comment

Working...
            X