Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Joan

Starring Judi Dench, based on a true spy story opens on April 19
    Last edited by Nick Dando; 7th April 2019, 08:26 PM.

Seen a clip. Looks good.

Comment

Saw this today and was disappointed.Judith Dench is on screen for about one quarter of the time.Sophie Cookson plays her younger self.I lost track of some of the characters and the end could not come quick enough.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
        Saw this today and was disappointed.Judith Dench is on screen for about one quarter of the time.Sophie Cookson plays her younger self.I lost track of some of the characters and the end could not come quick enough.

Haven't seen it, but a couple of reviews have mentioned that the past/present shifting gets confusing and tedious.

Comment

It sounded promising but received appalling reviews. The spy story seems to take second place to a boring romance.

Comment

It became rather confusing. switching eras.Also the firm seemed to be slightly sympathetic to someone who was a traitor,and not a harmless old lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Moviesman View Post
              Seen a clip. Looks good.
              As good as Red Sonja?

Comment

I manage to get a DVD of this film. I liked Judy in most of her films particularly the James Bond films. Red Joan, I was not to keen on this film.

Comment

Working...
                X