Once Upon A Time....In Hollywood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180920/fre...he-day-du-coup

Looks like something inserted that is or can be relatively meaningless. Consider "Have you been to Germany", "Have you ever been to Germany", and "Have you ever been to Germany before". Extra words added to no effect.

So I would simply ignore "du coup" and read: "Tarantino then can be annoying for some and great for others". Which is true, but not ducoup a great insight inandofitself.

Comment

'Decoup' means 'cut'.

The derivative, undisciplined Tarantino loves to steal and reuse memes, tropes, dialogue and pop songs from genuine movies.

The results are very much like Frankenstein's monster.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
        Having criticised me for starting this thread you do seem to be keen to get involved.
        I wasn’t criticizing you for starting the thread, I’m all for discussing the movie. I was questioning why you started the thread on movie you thought was ‘American rubbish’ and then bemoaned the fact that people commented. That still doesn’t make sense to me.

Comment

Curious,if not sad,that my listing of British films rarely sparks interest,whilst this load of American rubbish gets people drooling at the mouth.I promise myself never again to go to a Tarrantino film.

Really? On a website devoted to British films you don't get much interest in your posts. That must be a reflection on your writing and not how people feel about British films as there is obviously lots written about British films on this website. It's also loaded with bile to say 'American Rubbish' as if American films are inferior to British films. They are not. They are equal in terms of the good and the bad. I loved Once upon a Time... I like most of Tarrantino's films but I also love a cheeky Carry On or a bit of Mike Leigh or a lazy Sunday afternoon watching Talking pictures TV. You started the post and then got rather defensive when people praised it. I think you were disappointed that few people agreed with you.
          Last edited by MarcusHeslop(Stonfan); 8th November 2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I note that you haven't been on this site all that long otherwise you might have been aware that there have been thousands of responses to my posts.
            Of the 5 people who have expressed a view 3 are in favour 2 against.Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
            I like to bring film releases to people's attentions ,I always appreciate people's views on a film,even if they don't agree.
            I don't go in for antagonistic or adversarial posts,unlike others

Comment

I’ve been on Britmovies since 2008. Is that long enough your honour?

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
                WARNING anyone with a weak bladders should avoid this.2 3/4 hours without an intermission.
                The story is incoherent and rambling.It could have been told in half the time.
                I heeded your warning about the length of this film without a break and watched it from the comfort of my armchair !! . Sky Movies have been showing it all this week. I actually quite enjoyed it.

Comment

I have been watching Hollywood on the box which plays with the same ‘alternative reality’ gimmick as Tarantino, but using the 1940s, and it’s pretty awful, none of the wit or verve of Once Upon... I gave up after three episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post
                    I have been watching Hollywood on the box which plays with the same ‘alternative reality’ gimmick as Tarantino, but using the 1940s, and it’s pretty awful, none of the wit or verve of Once Upon... I gave up after three episodes.
                    Funnily enough a couple of friends have recommended that to me so I'll probably give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post

Funnily enough a couple of friends have recommended that to me so I'll probably give it a try.
                      Check it out, Cassidy, the photography and production values are stunning, the overall vibe of 1940’s Hollywood is wonderfully created, I just found the script very trite and some of the acting is dreadful. Also the ‘real’ stars, Vivien Leigh, Noel Coward etc are dreadfully cliched and underwritten. With so much really good quality television to saw, I didn’t see the point in ploughing through something that I was picking apart as it went.

Comment

Working...
                      X