Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was very good. Technically accomplished, extremely well acted by the two principles and movingly told.

Comment

This movie gets a right slagging off in today's Grauniad.

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post
        This movie gets a right slagging off in today's Grauniad.
        You read the Grauniad? I'd never have guessed!

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

You read the Grauniad? I'd never have guessed!
          One has to read at least 2 or 3 newspapers nowdays because they ALL 'cook the news to suit their views'. Though The Grauniad refuses free commentary on 92% of their articles and they indulge in a great deal of censoring.

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post

One has to read at least 2 or 3 newspapers nowdays because they ALL 'cook the news to suit their views'.
            That's true. For many years when I was living on my own, I never bought a daily newspaper. However since my parents moved in with me, due to the fact they both need looking after, I started buying a paper each morning for my dad, and it's unbelievable what they print at times.

Comment

I really enjoyed this. The style is quite mesmerising how it's presented as a single shot from start to finish. My favourite is probably the first half, where it's just the two of them going through no-man's land. It's really interesting seeing what no-man's land looked like. Just a wasteland of mud, barbed-wire and body-parts. I wonder if the Guardian disliked it for cinematic reasons or political reasons.

Edit: I just read the Guardian review. Apparently 1917 is pro-Brexit, which would explain their distaste for it.
              Last edited by Gamelyn; 8 February 2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• jamal.nazreddin
                jamal.nazreddin commented
                Editing a comment
                The Grauniad is produced by ratbags (who want the world to be populated with ratbags).

What is George MacKay like? Is he a star?

I hear people say he is the New Albert Finney, the New Richard Harris.

Comment

Working...
              X