The Snorkel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Snorkel

I watched the Snorkel last night and was waiting for the scene where the murderer shows himself from the back of a car which I have always considered one of the scariest moments in cinema. Shock horror. Unfortunately the moment didn't happen so I must be thinking of a different film. I am fairly sure it was from the same era also that it was on the continent somewhere but I am a little hazy about that.
    Can someone please help in identifying the film? Thanks

The Snorkel is one of my all-time favourites and you're right...the scene you describe isn't in this film. Would you say that the film you're looking for has a mainly British cast other than "the locals" assuming it was set on the continent? If you have any other clues it may help, e.g. did the murderer get out of the back of the car or just look backwards say, from the rear seat of the car?

Comment

"I must be thinking of a different film. I am fairly sure it was from the same era also that it was on the continent somewhere"

'Maniac' (1963)? It's set in the South of France and is part of the same DVD collection of Hammer films that include 'The Snorkel'. Haven't seen either for a few years so my memory is just as "hazy". The murderer appears with a blowtorch, I think.

Comment

[QUOTE=cornershop15;n65986]'Maniac' (1963)? It's set in the South of France and is part of the same DVD collection of Hammer films that include 'The Snorkel'. Haven't seen either for a few years so my memory is just as "hazy". The murderer appears with a blowtorch, I think.[/QUOTE]

He does indeed, Donald Houston. Film might also be Scream of Fear (aka Taste of Fear).

Comment

If it turns out to be Scream of Fear, this film is on this Saturday (5th Jan. 2019) at 3:20pm on Channel 81 Freeview "Talking Pictures".

Comment

South of France, if Hammer House is any guide, seems to be full of psychopaths:(

Comment

[QUOTE=sacza;n66022]If it turns out to be Scream of Fear, this film is on this Saturday (5th Jan. 2019) at 3:20pm on Channel 81 Freeview "Talking Pictures".[/QUOTE]

Nearly right, but 12 hours too soon! It's actually on Sunday 6 Jan at 3:20am (03:20).

Comment

Whichever day it's on it's well worth watching. Jimmy Sangster's tribute to Les Diaboliques (The Fiends).

Comment

Thank you all for your very useful thoughts. I will have another look at Maniac which I have somewhere on VHS. I will also try to watch Scream of Fear. Thinking about it, I have a feeling this will resolve things.

Comment

Roddy, if this is the scene you are remembering, it is from [B]Maniac[/B]:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":66077}[/ATTACH]
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X