Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Childrens film foundation films and the BFI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childrens film foundation films and the BFI

Hi all
    I'm a big fan of the Children's film foundation catalogue of films from the 1950s to the early 1980s, they used to show these films on BBC children's tv back on the late 1980s and I have great memories of watching and enjoying them.
    Titles like "The battle of billys pond", "One hour to zero" and the like.
    I've got all the official releases from the BFI but they seemed to have stopped at just the 4 volumes unfortunately, I've also got a few copies from TV recordings over the years.There is a channel on youtube with short clips of all the films made, in the comments on each film it says to contact Peter Fydler at the BFI for DVD information.
    my question is has anyone used or enquired about the service?, I can imagine the individual films may be quite expensive to purchase for private use. Just wanted to ask of anybodys experiences before I write a letter to them myself.
    Thankyou.

I have never contacted Peter Fydler at the BFI, but will be interested to know whether you receive a response, after you have sent a letter.

I am also a big fan of the Children's Film Foundation, and can remember watching many CFF Films, in the 1980's, when the BBC, showed lots of them, under the title Friday Film Special.

Comment

They also show them frequently on Talking Pictures TV. They ran one today, "The Kid From Canada", filmed in 1956, and starring Christopher Braden, the then 13 years old son of Bernard Braden and Barbara Kelly.

Comment

Hi. The CFF was a good training for aspiring child actors with many also being plucked from the stage school I attended as well back then which was a good experience. Also being interested in film making it was good to see the film cameras and reel to reel audio equipment used for sound which encouraged me even more to make my own films. Nice to see the films get an airing again brining back quite a few memories. Some of my school pals left the business along with others who chose to work behind the scenes instead of in front of the camera. Its a funny old business!

Comment

Working...
        X