Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Danger Route (1967) Release Date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danger Route (1967) Release Date

Can anyone assist me with a UK release date for the sixties spy film Danger Route (1967), as there appears to be conflicting information on the net regarding this, offering the following options: October 1967, December 1967 and January 1968?

Its BBFC rating was granted on 25th October 1967, so I reckon the October 1967 release date is unlikely.

Comment

Danger Route began its general release on the Rank circuit commencing December 17th 1967 (North London). It was on a double bill with Hour of the Gun. As was typical in those days. it would have taken several weeks to get around the whole country.

Comment

Hi, Mikey. According to the Daily Express cinema listings, the Danger Route/Hour of the Gun double-bill took over from How I Won the War on the 16th November 1967 at the London Pavilion, running until 6th December. Replaced the following day by Poor Cow.
        Last edited by cornershop15; 21st January 2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=cornershop15;n52981]Hi, Mikey. According to the [I]Daily Express [/I]cinema listings,' Danger Route'took over from 'How I Won the War'on the 16th November 1967 at the London Pavilion, running until 6th December when it was replaced by 'Poor Cow'.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, Danger Route had a West End screening at the London Pavilion from November 16th prior to general release from December 17th The West End screenings were also a double bill with Hour of the Gun.

Comment

• cornershop15
            cornershop15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry for repeat information. As you can see, I was still editing my post before I found yours.

What a mess it becomes when I try using bold and italics in this part of the forum!

Cornershop and Odeonman

Many thanks for the information. As always if I require accurate, solid information then BritMovie is the place to be. Thankfully you appear to have kept records or know where to find this information.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gerald Lovell;n52953]Its BBFC rating was granted on 25th October 1967, so I reckon the October 1967 release date is unlikely.
            [/QUOTE]

Gerald

Thanks for bringing some additional information to the Danger Route enquiry.

Comment

Working...
            X