Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Roman Polanski

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=jamal.nazreddin;n57980]I was very surprised watching the evening news two nights ago that the adulterous American president gives EQUAL billing to his assistant in assembling some newly-published fiction.[/QUOTE]

Trump has written a novel?

Comment

[QUOTE=jamal.nazreddin;n57980]
      I was very surprised watching the evening news two nights ago that the adulterous American president gives EQUAL billing to his assistant in assembling some newly-published fiction.[/QUOTE]

And Trump is connected to Polanski's 'apartment trilogy' how?

Comment

[QUOTE=Paxton Milk;n58002]

And Trump is connected to Polanski's 'apartment trilogy' how?[/QUOTE]

Quite. Let's get back on topic. I also wanted to point out the important role the door spy hole plays in the first two films (that wonderful shot of Ruth Gordon). Polanski had to order a special one about ten time the original size for Repulsion because no film camera at the time could shoot through it. I can also see that for years without one, there's now a DVD version of The Tenant that does have the original French soundtrack.

Comment

Jordan.e, you mention 'film techniques'.

I remember the surrealistic set-up in the creepy corridor of hands touching the young female blond victim in 'Repulsion'. But how the horror towards the young female blond victim in 'Rosemary's Baby' was all expressed using suggestion rather cinematic set-ups.

Comment

Did he, some years ago, have trouble in the Unitrd States, he had sex with a 14 year old girl. He was given a sentence, but he fled the United States, before starting his sentence. He always stated that a woman, 14 years of age, is a concenting adult. Since that sentence was handed down, he has been forbidden to enter the U.S.A.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eric7885;n58610]Did he, some years ago, have trouble in the Unitrd States, he had sex with a 14 year old girl. He was given a sentence, but he fled the United States, before starting his sentence. [/QUOTE]

Not quite, he fled the U.S.A. before sentencing, as the judge had reneged on a previously arranged plea bargain.

Comment

Yes, I knew there mitigating circumstances. 'Sexual abuse' is not sexual abuse.

Comment

[QUOTE=jamal.nazreddin;n58706]Yes, I knew there mitigating circumstances. 'Sexual abuse' is not sexual abuse.[/QUOTE]

There are not mitigating circumstances. Polanski was found guilty of statutory rape.

Comment

Working...
                  X