Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Crucible of Horror 1970 Location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crucible of Horror 1970 Location

Hello Folks,
    With regard to the above 1970 film starring Yvonne Mitchel, Sharon Gurney and Michael Gough does anyone know the location of the Eastwood's house in London. It rather looks like Richmond and there's a street scene where a house with distinctive black and white decor is visible. thought someone may recognize it.
    Regards,
    Charlie.

I have vague memories of this same question being raised in the old forum, am I misremembering?

Comment

I think it was filmed at Merton Studios, so I doubt it was shot too far away, Richmond is possible or maybe the other side of the park at Sheen.
      A fine film never the less, even Michael Gough is more bearable than usual.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tigon Man;n5900]I think it was filmed at Merton Studios, so I doubt it was shot too far away, Richmond is possible or maybe the other side of the park at Sheen.
        A fine film never the less, even Michael Gough is more bearable than usual.[/QUOTE]

You're right, Tigon, in so far as pick up shots were at Merton. I believe I am right in saying that Merton, to all intents and purposes, had ceased to be a fully operating studio by then.. And completely agree on the quality of both the film and Gough. No idea where the locaton was
        Last edited by John Hamilton; 1st June 2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Think we're getting close to the location. Agree that Michael Gough was bearable in the part but the beautiful Yvonne was the star for me. Thought that his prat of a son was somewhat unbearable~ rather. You're right John about the query having been raised before as i posted it on the old forum.

Comment

Some nice screen shots would help as i live near to the areas mentioned

Comment

Seconded, as it's my neighbourhood too.

I wrote a little about this film when I did Olaf Pooley's obituary for The Independent. It was originally entitled The Bay Window:

[URL="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/olaf-pooley-versatile-character-actor-especially-adept-at-portraying-restrained-menace-who-also-10488668.html?amp"]http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...88668.html?amp[/URL]

Comment

Found it
                would you believe its the house on Magna Carter Island

Comment

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs! (Northern expression of surprise) ~you found it Doc. Not surprising that one could'nt locate it. Also wondered about the location of the country cottage but that could be more difficult to ascertain.

Comment

I found it by identifying the the coats of arms on the wall as they are the arms of the 25 barons that signed the Magna Carta
                    found a nice picture of the same room

Comment

The house has a cottage opposite which could be your building
                      another found picture of the interior of the main house

Comment

That's good research there and it certainly looks as though the cottage at the rear could be the one in the film. Dashed clever these film makers..Will be looking more closely next time i watch the film.l Rgds.

Comment

Working...
                        X