X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks bro

best regards

Comment

There is the TV version, which I know has an alternative opening scene (this is on Youtube)

And the original version show in the cinema.

It's the original cinema version I am trying to track down, which was apparently shown by the BBC in 2000's sometime. Apart from that it has not been released. All versions released have been edited to remove the line "the other day" during the gym scene.

Comment

[QUOTE=Londonlad;n67327]There is the TV version, which I know has an alternative opening scene (this is on Youtube)

And the original version show in the cinema.

It's the original cinema version I am trying to track down, which was apparently shown by the BBC in 2000's sometime. Apart from that it has not been released. All versions released have been edited to remove the line "the other day" during the gym scene.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what the logic was for changing "a really sh1tty thing the other day" to "a really sh1tty thing yesterday". It's not as if it's removing any "naughty words" (they keep in "sh1tty"), and "the other day" is a slightly more vague version of "yesterday" so it's not as if it alters the meaning much.

Comment

[QUOTE=martinu;n67353]

I wonder what the logic was for changing "a really sh1tty thing the other day" to "a really sh1tty thing yesterday". It's not as if it's removing any "naughty words" (they keep in "sh1tty"), and "the other day" is a slightly more vague version of "yesterday" so it's not as if it alters the meaning much.[/QUOTE]

"This must have been done when the filmmakers realized the scene took place the very next day after the opening shower incident and Betty Buckley obviously had to re-dub it. The dub is even noticeable on the DVD."

[URL="https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074285/alternateversions?ref_=tt_ql_trv_5"]https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074285...f_=tt_ql_trv_5[/URL]

Comment

Working...
          X