George Sanders - fear of dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Sanders - fear of dogs

Did George Sanders have a fear of dogs - and are there documented cases of him refusing to act with the animals?

George Sanders plays Charles I in FOREVER AMBER and surrounded by a pack of little Cavalier spaniels. He's very affectionate with them. They follow him around. If he's scared of dogs, he's hiding it well.

Comment

[QUOTE=Anthony McKay;n75081]Did George Sanders have a fear of dogs - and are there documented cases of him refusing to act with the animals?[/QUOTE]

The only source I can think of which might prove enlightening is Brian Aherne's 1979 books A Dreadful Man, about the two men's long friendship (both were part of the English Colony in 1940s Hollywood), Sanders many eccentricities and extremely dodgy business dealings. There's actually quite a reasonably priced copy on ABE Books from a New Zealand-based seller: [url]https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=brian+aherne&sortby=17&tn=dreadful+man+personal+intimate&n=200000126&cm_sp=pan-_-srp-_-loc[/url]

Comment

[QUOTE=ViennesePark;n75109]George Sanders plays Charles I in FOREVER AMBER and surrounded by a pack of little Cavalier spaniels. He's very affectionate with them. They follow him around. If he's scared of dogs, he's hiding it well. [/QUOTE]

He pets Jasper the dog in the film Rebecca.

Somebody could dislike dogs without necessarily being afraid of them.

E.

Comment

Working...
        X