X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuntdoubles007
    replied
    Hello,

Peter Perkins, took over from Bob Simmons(the 007 series main stunt co-ordinator and action director until 1983.) when he was unavailable to take charge of the action on From Russia With Love. Simmons was very much available and did work on the picture as an advisor to Perkins, . Perkins doubled Sean Connery during the train fight and he was involved in the fight at the gypsy camp.

I recently started a Twitteraccount [USER="2078"]Stuntdoubles007[/USER] to honor and to do research on the stuntman and especially the stuntman that doubled James Bond( your uncle doubled 007, that's awesome)
    Sorry, but unfortunately I haven't more information. But I am very interesting in to known more about Peter and his story if you are willing to share it with me.
    Last edited by Stuntdoubles007; 11th September 2019, 05:38 AM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• MrCjp52
    replied
    Peter Perkins in his role as 'Man thrown from car' in From Russia With Love (1963). He is also credited as fight arranger. I gather that he was influential in coreographing the fight at the gypsy camp.
    If anyone has any further information about Peter Perkins please email me or comment. I am completing work on Peter as part of a family history project.
    Thanks
    Chris (Peter's nephew)

Leave a comment:

• philly
    replied
    [QUOTE=MrCjp52;n76928]Thanks for the information about John Morris being in the photo. Can I check, Philly, if it's the same Jonh Morris who wrote the book 'The Fall Guy, I Was The Fall Guy For John Lennon & Michael Caine' - authored as Johnny Morris? I'd like to include a brief synopsis about each of Peter's two companions in the final piece. Also, the book looks interesting enough to seek a copy.
    Regards
    Chris[/QUOTE]

Yes Chris, John Morris was John Lennon's stand-in in A Hard Day's Night, he was a stunt man.

Leave a comment:

• MrCjp52
    replied
    Just a few of the screen grabs I've manage to collect about stunt worker Peter Perkins. If anyone has an further information please email or comment.
    Thanks
    Chris (Peter's nephew)

Leave a comment:

• MrCjp52
    replied
    Thanks for the information about John Morris being in the photo. Can I check, Philly, if it's the same Jonh Morris who wrote the book 'The Fall Guy, I Was The Fall Guy For John Lennon & Michael Caine' - authored as Johnny Morris? I'd like to include a brief synopsis about each of Peter's two companions in the final piece. Also, the book looks interesting enough to seek a copy.
    Regards
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• googiefan
    replied
    This is why Brit movie is so good. Lots of knowledgeable people .

Leave a comment:

• philly
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Chris, your Uncle has been spotted many times on here, i last saw him doubling for John Crawford in 'Floods of Fear' (1958), the guy on the left of your picture is John Morris.
    Last edited by philly; 27th August 2019, 08:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrCjp52
    replied
    Hi Gerald
    Thanks for the reply.

Leave a comment:

• Gerald Lovell
    replied
    Chris, the man in the middle is stuntman Alf Joint.

Leave a comment:

• MrCjp52
    started a topic Peter Perkins - a question of friends

Peter Perkins - a question of friends

I am collecting information for a family history project about actor/stunt worker Peter Perkins. He was one of my dad Roy's older brothers. The photo attached is from my dad's collection.I have a number of images from films he's been in and many stories both from family and other sources.
    I am nearing the end of this part of the project though and have not been able to establish the names of either of the two gentlemen to Peter's right. The middle person is not Nosher Powell, my initial thought.
    If you have any idea, please comment here or email me.
    I will endeavour to post the images I have involving Peter Perkins as I become more familiar with the site.
    Chris
Working...
X