Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satanic Statue

Two questions:

Has this statue appeared in anything other than 'The Haunting'?

Obviously its function is to collect visiting cards - but what is the technical name for such an piece of furniture?

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"6.jpg","data-attachmentid":78460}[/ATTACH]

Attached Files

I think it's turned up in numerous films and television programmes, Tony. I put up an image or two of it on the old forum, but can't find the post now.

Comment

I had a several searches of the old forum and could not hit on the right words to find the thread - and rough idea of where else it popped up - I'd have thought 'The Avengers' - but I've not unearthed anything - other than another in 'Carry of Screaming' - but it is not the same one.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tScreaming.JPG Views:\t0 Size:\t56.3 KB ID:\t78565","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"78565","data-size":"full","title":"Screaming.JPG"}[/ATTACH]
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Anthony McKay; 8th October 2019, 04:45 AM.

Comment

I've found one of your "devilish statue" posts, Gerald. From the 1965 Dr. Finlay's Casebook episode 'The Deceivers' (posted at your Sighted thread in 2016):
        Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=cornershop15;n78712]I've found one of your "devilish statue" posts, Gerald. From the 1965 Dr. Finlay's Casebook episode 'The Deceivers' (posted at your Sighted thread in 2016):
          [/QUOTE]

Using 'Devilish' I found the image from 'The Champions: The Guided Cage"

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Guided Cage.JPG","data-attachmentid":78720}[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files

Comment

• cornershop15
            cornershop15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Coincidentally, I watched the first episode of 'The Champions' in the early hours of this morning (Joseph Furst made a swift return, having appeared on DVD the night before in the pilot episode of 'Callan'). Great to see it again.

I shall look out for that statue, or others like it, in future viewings. It may even turn up when I look back at old screencaps.

More importantly where is it now? :eek:
          Is it in hiding, waiting to create devilish havoc on it's re emergence.
          One might also ask what became of the Amicus severed hand from Dr Terror and Now The Screaming Starts..
          We have been warned..

Comment

Well done for finding it, cornershop!

I believe a lot of the props that turn up regularly are held by Trading Post and their website is generally well worth a gander:

[URL]http://www.tradingposthire.co.uk/[/URL]

Comment

• cornershop15
              cornershop15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just had a look at some of their pages, Gerald. Thanks for the link.Of particular interest are the clocks and lamps. Gives me hope of identifying them for my Film and TV Connections folders and threads. Another "property supplier" (since the 1930s) is Keeley Hire:

[url]http://www.keeleyhire.co.uk/index.php[/url]

I'm also on the look out for a colour image of this familiar piece of furniture.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Capture.JPG","data-attachmentid":79032}[/ATTACH]
            Attached Files

Comment

'Mr Topaze'

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Capture-00031.jpg","data-attachmentid":79546}[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files

Comment

Its in Hue and Cry
                think its Pan not the devil
                Last edited by DocRobertPepper; 3rd November 2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=DocRobertPepper;n79809]Its in Hue and Cry
                  think its Pan not the devil[/QUOTE]

This looks like a different one - the beard points downwards.

Three different ones!

Comment

Working...
                  X