Satanic Statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not able to provide a screencap, but the statue appears in the Conliffe antique shop during Hugo Weaving's search for The Wolfman in 2010. The two brass pillars often seen in DOCTOR WHO, and in films at least as early as The Wandering Jew in 1933, are also there.

Comment

Here's an early sighting from Old Mother Riley in Society (1940), with the "lady" herself and Jimmy Clitheroe going upstairs from downstairs:

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2021-03-11-18h14m27s014 (2).png Views:	41 Size:	352.5 KB ID:	99181
      Gerald Lovell
      Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 21 March 2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I think I just spotted it in Endeavour episode "Pylon" about 5 mins from the end.

Comment

Originally posted by ps68060 View Post
          I think I just spotted it in Endeavour episode "Pylon" about 5 mins from the end.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_14180.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	102387

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post

Name:	image_14180.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	102387
            Thanks guys - very well spotted ps68060

Comment

One of the variation statues failing to frighten Jack Melford and Frank Randle in When You Come Home (1947):

Name:	vlcsnap-2021-08-17-19h18m38s746 (2).png
Views:	178
Size:	435.6 KB
ID:	102463

More frightening is the "comedy" in the film.

Comment

I think I've just seen one in John Wick 3. Not a British film unless the Ian McShane scene was shot in Britain.

I wonder how many of these statues there are ?

Comment

No image I'm afraid, but the statue can be seen briefly in the 1961 MAIGRET episode "The Children's Party" where it is one of the artifacts in the attic room of Les Compagnons de L'Apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony McKay View Post
                    I had a several searches of the old forum and could not hit on the right words to find the thread - and rough idea of where else it popped up - I'd have thought 'The Avengers' - but I've not unearthed anything - other than another in 'Carry of Screaming' - but it is not the same one.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screaming.JPG Views:	0 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	78565
                    Aha Anthony, I just spotted two of them behind a doorway in the Avengers episode Stay Tuned with a guest appearance by Roger Delgado, who was somewhat Demonic looking himself. They appear just after Tara enters the house where Delgado lives. :)

Comment

Originally posted by tv horror View Post

Aha Anthony, I just spotted two of them behind a doorway in the Avengers episode Stay Tuned with a guest appearance by Roger Delgado, who was somewhat Demonic looking himself. They appear just after Tara enters the house where Delgado lives. :)
                      Are these some not Buddhist-tradition carvings to fit the oriental theme of the rest of the decor?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ep39-00013.jpg Views:	1 Size:	105.8 KB ID:	104640
                      Anthony McKay
                      Last edited by Anthony McKay; 19 January 2022, 12:20 AM.

Comment

It's possible although they do resemble the figures you're looking for, back to the drawing board.

Comment

I might have put this one up on the old forum, but it's worth another showing on here:

Name:	vlcsnap-2022-01-22-11h55m37s461.png
Views:	15
Size:	561.5 KB
ID:	104686

Tom Baker encounters the devil (or at least Sutekh) in DOCTOR WHO "Pyramids of Mars" (1975).

Comment

Working...
                          X