Show - virus - town self isolates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show - virus - town self isolates

Hi, I was talking to my dad about watching a show/film about 20 years ago and would appreciate if you can help.

It starts off with a family walking towards a town, there's no phones or car and dressing rags so believe it is based about the 18th century. They get to the edge of town and mother says that people from town should have met them there.

Mother leaves children in barn and enters Town to investigate. Film follows children's Point of view. Mother comes back a couple days later to bring food and avoids getting too close to children. Turns out town has a virus and is self isolating to prevent it from leaving. Can't remember how it ends.

Apparently I simular real life event happens in the town of Eyam, when London had the black plague, someone accidentally brought it to the town and they self isolated. But go ogling that hasn't helped.

I hope this is enough to go on, thanks

The Roses of Eyam?

Comment

• Antongold
      Antongold commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I already tried that, think it was made more recent that that.

Out of the Darkness?

Comment

• Antongold
      Antongold commented
      Editing a comment
      If this is what you had in mind, [url]https://youtu.be/-aN7ke-40HI[/url], the film in mind was more a sad documentary than a horror. Thnks for trying

No, Out of the Darkness from 1985.
    Set in the Derbyshire village of Eyam in 1665, the time of the plague. The villagers were instructed not to travel to other villages because of the danger of spreading the disease. Armed guards kept watch, but one family decide to smuggle their son out of the plague-ridden village. When he's killed by neighbouring villagers his ghost is unable to rest until it is released from the darkness.

Comment

Working...
    X