One of Our Aircraft is Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of Our Aircraft is Missing

I was looking into the background of this film, and found out that 20 minutes was cut from the US running time.
    Any reason why so much was cut?

Thanks.

The IMDb lists it’s running time as 102 minutes for its original (UK) release & 82 minutes for the US release but there’s no mention of what was cut.

I suspect that that it might well have been some of the chattier parts with Dutch locals (often in Dutch with no subtitles in the original) and/or possibly the long church scene with the young Peter Ustinov as the priest and/or the football match where the evaders link up with Bob Ashley (Americans might well have cut the football match). Or maybe they snipped lots of little bits from all of those scenes. I can’t be sure as I’be never (knowingly) seen the US version.

Steve

Comment

[QUOTE=Steve Crook;n89373]The IMDb lists it’s running time as 102 minutes for its original (UK) release & 82 minutes for the US release but there’s no mention of what was cut.

I suspect that that it might well have been some of the chattier parts with Dutch locals and/or possibly the long church scene with the young Peter Ustinov as the priest and/or the football match where the evaders link up with Bob Ashley (Americans might well have cut the football match). Or maybe they snipped lots of little bits from all of those scenes. I can’t be sure as I’be never (knowingly) seen the US version.

Steve[/QUOTE]

Thanks Steve.

It was also mentioned on Wikipedia, so I don't know if it's legit or not.

Comment

I’m a very trusting soul so I always assume things like that are correct until proven otherwise.

Steve

Comment

[[email protected];n89371]I was looking into the background of this film, and found out that 20 minutes was cut from the US running time.
          Any reason why so much was cut?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps that was when the aircraft went missing !;)

Comment

Working...
          X