Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

The Godfather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Godfather

The godfather mentions the parallel editing of the film's climax between the baptism and the execution of the opposing Mafia families. View this scene and discuss how collage and timing both play an important role in establishing the metaphors this scene conveys. Bear in mind that the parallel editing used here was not part of the originally planned production sequence. Coppola decided to use this technique while the film was in post-production.

What has this to do with British Films?

Nick

Comment

Are you wanting us to help you with an assignment?

Comment

Originally posted by Slighlyconfusedstudent View Post
        .... parallel editing...
        Hitchcock pioneered that, didn't he?

Comment

Someone who starts their first post on a forum with a cut'n'paste without any further explanation is most likely a troll, a spammaer or both. Whilst indulging the post and exploring the answers might be fun, it is most likely a waste of time. In fact, if you simply put the opening post into a google search, you will find some essays that do a pretty good job of answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
            Someone who starts their first post on a forum with a cut'n'paste without any further explanation is most likely a troll, a spammaer or both. Whilst indulging the post and exploring the answers might be fun, it is most likely a waste of time. In fact, if you simply put the opening post into a google search, you will find some essays that do a pretty good job of answering the question.
            I couldn't find a question.

Comment

So, I agree with some of the previous points. I am all for helping someone who is studying cinema and I think that the shared resources of the site should be used for that purpose- assuming it is British cinema. And also assuming they have the courtesy to frame a proper approach, otherwise it is, as Stoneageman suggests, a time waster.

Delete the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamilton View Post
                Delete the thread.
                I've created a new topic are called "Film studies" and have moved this thread there.
                It's sub-titled "Questions from Film Studies students"
                Hopefully not juat asking us to conplete their assignments but genuine questions

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

I've created a new topic are called "Film studies" and have moved this thread there.
                  It's sub-titled "Questions from Film Studies students"
                  Hopefully not juat asking us to conplete their assignments but genuine questions

Steve
                  Fair enough

Comment

Working...
                  X