Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Brit Horror Movie/ TV quiz.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Looks like Peter Quint as played by James Laurenson in the 70s Dan Curtis THE TURN OF THE SCREW and by Christopher Guard in the 90s renamed THE HAUNTING OF HELEN WALKER.
    That's right, Gerald. I think The Haunting of Helen Walker is my second favourite version of the story, the incomparable The Innocents being the first of course.

E.

Comment

• What do you do to make this happen?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-11-16-21h56m56s530.png
Views:	1
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	44533

Comment

• Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
        What do you do to make this happen?

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2017-11-16-21h56m56s530.png Views:	1 Size:	275.2 KB ID:	44533
        Whistle. That is Michael Hordern getting spooked in Whistle and I'll Come To You.(1968)
        Last edited by chillingfilmania; 17th November 2017, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Exactly. Your go.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2014-03-05-13h31m23s82.png
Views:	1
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	44948

Comment

• Doctor Terror's House of Horrors?

E.

Comment

• the incomparable The Innocents being the first of course. Mine too. I watched it for the umpteenth time last nite and still get shivers down the spine.
                Last edited by chillingfilmania; 18th November 2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Euryale View Post
                  Doctor Terror's House of Horrors?

E.
                  Indeed it is. Can you name the segment per chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by chillingfilmania View Post

Indeed it is. Can you name the segment per chance?
                    Alan Freeman's story - Creeping Vine.

E.

Comment

Alan Freeman's story - Creeping Vine.

E.
                      Well done E. Yours.

Comment

• I have been trying to change my avatar but can not get the The Innocents gif I want to fit the space .

Comment

• Originally posted by chillingfilmania View Post
                          the incomparable The Innocents being the first of course. Mine too. I watched it for the umpteenth time last nite and still get shivers down the spine.
                          Yes, even the title is ambiguous - who exactly are The Innocents? The children or Miss Giddens and Mrs Grose? And I've come to the conclusion that the most sinister character - at least among the living - is actually Flora with her casual sadism amongst all that butter-wouldn't-melt persona. Miles seems a much more conflicted individual to me.

E.

Comment

• The investigator wrote in that book about his encounter with the manifestation on our right. But what really happened that night? Viewers must decide for themselves. And so the name of this production?

Comment

Yes, even the title is ambiguous - who exactly are The Innocents? The children or Miss Giddens and Mrs Grose? And I've come to the conclusion that the most sinister character - at least among the living - is actually Flora with her casual sadism amongst all that butter-wouldn't-melt persona. Miles seems a much more conflicted individual to me.

E.
                              The children are the "innocents" of course. Miss Gittens says those exact words to Mrs Grose. Miles to me is the most sinister as he is influenced by the evil Peter Quint.

Comment

The investigator wrote in that book about his encounter with the manifestation on our right. But what really happened that night? Viewers must decide for themselves. And so the name of this production?

Is it Harry Price: Ghost Hunter?

Comment

Working...
                                X