Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Brit Cinema Quiz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brit Cinema Quiz

A new quiz for BritMos. This is one encompassing the entire spectrum of Brit cinema. From actors/actresses, directors, producers, to studios, film location. In fact, basicly, anything that comes to mind. You can use either a synopsis, biography or a screenshot. I will get the ball rolling.

Name this Brit cinema icon?
    Last edited by chillingfilmania; 26th August 2017, 03:49 AM.

It's David Lean. I was watching The Bridge On The River Kwai only the other night - a great director for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post
      It's David Lean. I was watching The Bridge On The River Kwai only the other night - a great director for sure.
      Thanks for geting the new quiz away Carl. Yes Bridge on River Kwai was sure a fine film one of David Lean's several masterpieces. You have not had a post? Feel free as there are plenty of subjects from which to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by chillingfilmania View Post
        You have not had a post? Feel free as there are plenty of subjects from which to choose.
        Sorry, I seem to be having issues with my image hosting website at the moment which I can't seem to resolve. However, I'll persevere and hopefully normal service will be resumed in due course.

Comment

Let's see if I can get this thing to work - how about these gentlemen:

Comment

Who else but Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger in their later years. They knew how to make a good picture.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenburnfan View Post
              Who else but Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger in their later years. They knew how to make a good picture.
              Absolutely correct, and yes they certainly made some great films. I'm sure Mr. Steve Smith would have instantly recognised them too.

Comment

Absolutely correct, and yes they certainly made some great films. I'm sure Mr. Steve Smith would have instantly recognised them too.
                As would Mr. Steve Crook and many other people

Steve

Comment

I'm sure Mr. Steve Smith would have instantly recognised them too.
                  My apologies.....I can't believe I got your name wrong.

Comment

My apologies.....I can't believe I got your name wrong.
                    Especially when it's there in my user name (my real name)

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                      Especially when it's there in my user name (my real name)

Steve
                      Admin. Why cant my friend access my Private Message service?

Comment

Originally posted by chillingfilmania View Post

Admin. Why cant my friend access my Private Message service?
                        Probably because Private Messages are private
                        They are restricted to the person logged in. To see them you friend would have to log in as you (something that we don't recommend)

unless you you really mean that your friend can't send you a PM. In which case, who is your friend? Who are they logging in as? What response do they get when they try sending you a PM?

Steve

Comment

Another to keep our game flowing: Who Am I?

Comment

It isn't ringing any bells at the moment. Perhaps a small clue?

Comment

Originally posted by jch View Post
                              It isn't ringing any bells at the moment. Perhaps a small clue?
                              A director.

Comment

Working...
                              X