X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chillingfilmania
    started a topic Brit Cinema Quiz

Brit Cinema Quiz

A new quiz for BritMos. This is one encompassing the entire spectrum of Brit cinema. From actors/actresses, directors, producers, to studios, film location. In fact, basicly, anything that comes to mind. You can use either a synopsis, biography or a screenshot. I will get the ball rolling.

Name this Brit cinema icon?
    Last edited by chillingfilmania; 26th August 2017, 04:49 AM.

• darrenburnfan
    replied
    No, Rick, that was made five years earlier in America.

Leave a comment:

• Rick C
    replied
    Sweet Smell of Success?

Leave a comment:

• darrenburnfan
    replied

Who said this and in which 1962 film?

“They don’t call me Rockefeller, y’know! I don’t OWN Dawson and Whittaker's, y’know!”

Leave a comment:

• Steve Crook
    replied
    Originally posted by chillingfilmania View Post
    I did mention UK in the question.
    You mentioned "Which two film series made in the UK" but films made in the UK are often (or even usually) shown around the world so box office figures could apply around the world

I was sarky as that member was being sarky to me. I am usually a calm person but seems to me there is a lot of criticism of the way these games are presented and run.
    I think you're looking to get barred. You've got very argumentative recently

Steve

Leave a comment:

• arthur linden-jones
    replied
    Well, I'd have to guess the Potter series would be one, the other ....... hmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• chillingfilmania
    replied
    I did mention UK in the question. I was sarky as that member was being sarky to me. I am usually a calm person but seems to me there is a lot of criticism of the way these games are presented and run.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Crook
    replied
    A perfectly straight forward question I would have notioned. perhaps a touch trivial but still one pertaining to the thread theme.
    Straightforward if you had included mention of UK in the question

I reactivated a dead thread. I do not see admin or mod next to your name.
    Don't get sarky. And it would be more polite to say that there hadn't been a post since 2 Oct & that's why you're reactivating what you consider to be a dead thread

Steve

Leave a comment:

• chillingfilmania
    replied
    Overly technically detailed or not enough detail in the question. Which country/ies are you counting them in? . Wikipedia. Some of the films with the largest ever box office returns have been made in the United Kingdom, including the second and third highest-grossing film series. A perfectly straight forward question I would have notioned. perhaps a touch trivial but still one pertaining to the thread theme.

Leave a comment:

• chillingfilmania
    replied
    Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post

Impossible to answer - whose/which source defined "UK grossed the the second and third loftiest Box Office takings"?

Anyway, floor was open to either of 2 other contributors, you have to wait your turn (giving a correct answer or acknowledgement of open floor from previous successful contributor).
    What! There had not been a a post since October 2. I reactivated a dead thread. I do not see admin or mod next to your name.
    Last edited by chillingfilmania; 20th November 2017, 05:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• arthur linden-jones
    replied
    Which two film series made in the UK grossed the the second and third loftiest Box Office takings?
    Impossible to answer - whose/which source defined "UK grossed the the second and third loftiest Box Office takings"?

Anyway, floor was open to either of 2 other contributors, you have to wait your turn (giving a correct answer or acknowledgement of open floor from previous successful contributor).
    Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 20th November 2017, 02:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Crook
    replied
    Which two film series made in the UK grossed the the second and third loftiest Box Office takings?
    Overly technically detailed or not enough detail in the question. Which country/ies are you counting them in?

Steve

Leave a comment:

• chillingfilmania
    replied
    Which two film series made in the UK grossed the the second and third most Box Office takings?
    Last edited by chillingfilmania; 20th November 2017, 04:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jamal.nazreddin
    replied
    ^
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Pickard
    replied
    Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post

I wonder what it is that Tom Howard is holding back in post 237?

It looks like some kind of spooling machine rather than a special effect.
    I think it is a 35mm eight-perforation double frame horizontal Mitchell movement, what was used in the VistaVision and Technirama cameras.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X