Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Elizabeth of Ladymead (1948) - original titles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth of Ladymead (1948) - original titles

This might be of interest.

I've just seen some early paperwork from 'Elizabeth of Ladymead' with the title "The Girl He Left Behind" crossed out and replaced by "The Girl Who Stayed at Home."

Originally posted by Anthony McKay View Post
    This might be of interest.

I've just seen some early paperwork from 'Elizabeth of Ladymead' with the title "The Girl He Left Behind" crossed out and replaced by "The Girl Who Stayed at Home."
    But was it ever released under either of those titles?
    But you still might get them accepted onto the IMDb as an AKA title with an attribute like "Working title"

Steve

Comment

With the above information I found one reference in the trade press to "The Girl Who Stayed at Home" (April 1948) - nothing on "The Girl He Left Behind" for this production - but it had been used or passed over for other productions.

Comment

I wonder why they chose the title of 'Elizabeth of Ladymead' because I had to Google to find out what a 'ladymead' is.

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post
          I wonder why they chose the title of 'Elizabeth of Ladymead' because I had to Google to find out what a 'ladymead' is.
          What a Ladymead is or where Ladymead is?

Steve

Comment

Ladymead is the name of the house/mansion in which the four characters live.

Comment

I half-suspected LadyMead was one of those picturesque English place names one finds in Chaucer, Swift and the Restoration Comedies such as Maiden's Head, Bachelors Bump, Boggy Bottom, Cockermouth and Old Sodom Lane.

Comment

Working...
              X