Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

UK Homes of Film & TV Stars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eden View Post

Hi there. I have Yootha Joyce living at Sussex Gardens in Bayswater.Some source also said she died there..As for Dandy Nichols i'm sure i can dig something up

Not literally I hope.

The harmony group Design (1968-76), who appeared on more than 50 British TV shows, all lived in the same basement flat in Collingham Road, Earl's Court (1969) before moving to 147B Cromwell Road, South Kensington (1970) and finally Roland Mansions, Rosary Gardens, also in South Ken.

They're pictured here in their kitchen at Roland Mansions (as published in TVTimes!):

L-R - Kathy Manuell, John Mulcahy-Morgan, Barry Alexander, Geoff Ramseyer, Jeff Matthews, Gabrielle Field.

Comment

Thanks for the yootha address now I hope I can get Dandy’s addresses

Comment

Originally posted by DocRobertPepper View Post

Queensmere Road Junction Thursley Gardens i live around the corner
        Great - thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post

BARBARA WINDSOR
          HENDON HALL COURT
          HENDON NW4 (I lived downstairs, around 1971)
          Hi.and thanx.Merry Xmas. Will edit her to the Carry On list

Comment

LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE

Roy Clarke - Series Creator (Still with us!)

BRIAN WILDE (1927-2008)
            -- See under Porridge entry

BILL OWEN (1914-1999)
            Born: Acton,west London.
            ----3 or 7 Bridgeman Road,Acton W4 5BA (
            Putting My Past Behind Me (Chris Shields)
            ----8 Lewes Crescent,Brighton,East Sussex BN2 1FH
            ----Flat 3,26 Sussex Square,Brighton,.East Sussex BN2 5AB
            ----Flat 6,22 Marylebone High Street,Marylebone,LONDON W1U 4PF
            ---- White Croft,54 Sheephouse Road,Maidenhead,Berkshire SL6 8HP
            ----29 Moore Park Road,Fulham,LONDON SW6 2HU
            -NOTE: House has been enlarged/modified,and renamed.During Bill's residence,it was named Lavender Lodge,with tt's entrance in Maidenhead Court Park.

TBC...
            Last edited by Eden; 18th March 2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Tom Baker lived on Artesian Road, off Westbourne Grove, in the mid-70s. Number 82 I think. He then moved to 1, Cadogan Square, Chelsea.

Does anyone know where Patrick Macnee lived in the 60s and 70s? Always been curious about that!

Comment

I see that Sid James has Compayne Gardens in his list. I know that road. I believe that Malcolm X (played by Denzel Washington in the movie), the political activist lived there for a while in the 60s... before his assassination.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon36 View Post
                  Tom Baker lived on Artesian Road, off Westbourne Grove, in the mid-70s. Number 82 I think. He then moved to 1, Cadogan Square, Chelsea.

Does anyone know where Patrick Macnee lived in the 60s and 70s? Always been curious about that!
                  In his book The Avengers and Me, Patrick Macnee shows a copy of a letter written to a friend after the Ian Hendry episodes. Not dated but c 1963. Pat's address is given as

7 Derwent Avenue
                  Kingston Vale
                  SW15

Comment

A Bob Leggett on an obituary page to Patrick Macnee wrote "always been an admirer, always remember meeting you at your house in Kingston Vale in the 60's a true gent. R.I.P." so you may be right about 7 Derwent Avenue

Comment

Patrick did live for a while at 7, Derwent Avenue. He is listed there on the electoral roll for 1964 as Daniel P. Macnee The following year though we find him at 26a Belsize Square and in fact he married Kate Woodville in Hampstead in 1965.

E.

Comment

Interesting to read Tom Baker lived Cadogan Square,same area as fellow Rasputin CHRISTOPHER LEE....also in the early 1950s David Peel (Brides of Dracula)lived in the same Square....not the place to walk alone at night

Comment

Originally posted by John Skinner View Post
                          Interesting to read Tom Baker lived Cadogan Square,same area as fellow Rasputin CHRISTOPHER LEE....also in the early 1950s David Peel (Brides of Dracula)lived in the same Square....not the place to walk alone at night
                          I believe Boris Karloff lived there too . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X