Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

The Hatton Garden job.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hatton Garden job.

I was totally unaware of this new film, about the 'Grandad' raid, anyone seen it, what did you think ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5351458/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Must be a jewel of a film !!

Comment

I'm not sure if it's been released as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
        I'm not sure if it's been released as yet.
        Well the IMDb link says that it was released in the U.K. on 14 April 2017. Maybe they wanted to keep it as secret as the robbery

Steve

Comment

Wasn't released it escaped

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Well the IMDb link says that it was released in the U.K. on 14 April 2017. Maybe they wanted to keep it as secret as the robbery

Steve
            Down here in Worthing we often don't see films for months, sometimes years after the release date.
            I think they have just released Michael Powell's latest at the Connaught..

Comment

Apparently there are another two similar films in the works. If we're really unlucky, this may replace the Essex Boys saga as a go-to lazy idea for cheap gangster films.

Comment

I've seen it and it isn't much to write home about. Bunch of aging East End geezers stage an 'old school' bank job while bickering amongst themselves, downing pints at the local and making geriatric jokes. Lots of flash but vacuous camera trickery as the soundtrack blasts out loud but forgettable music. Imagine We Still Steal the Old Way directed by Guy Ritchie and you are in the right vibe.

Joely Richardson is completely wasted in a cameo appearance as Ingrid Pitt.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamilton View Post
                  I've seen it and it isn't much to write home about. Bunch of aging East End geezers stage an 'old school' bank job while bickering amongst themselves, downing pints at the local and making geriatric jokes. Lots of flash but vacuous camera trickery as the soundtrack blasts out loud but forgettable music. Imagine We Still Steal the Old Way directed by Guy Ritchie and you are in the right vibe.

Joely Richardson is completely wasted in a cameo appearance as Ingrid Pitt.
                  Ingrid Pitt !

Did she have a connection in some way ?

Comment

If you watch the film, you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamilton View Post
                      If you watch the film, you'll see what I mean.
                      When I get the chance, I will lol.

Comment

Watched it on Apple TV a couple of days ago. Don't waste your time very poor.

Comment

Working...
                        X