Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Assignment Redhead (1957)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assignment Redhead (1957)

Anyone know which studio Assignment Redhead (1957) was made at?

Found it - Nettlefold

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/fi...re-no-9-part-2

Comment

ASSIGNMENT REDHEAD went out on the ABC circuit in April, 1957, as the support to THE OPPOSITE SEX. I went to see it at the time as a ten year old and, although it's now 60 years ago, I never forgot one particular scene in it. The villains murder someone in a brand new car, it may have been a Hillman Minx, and push the car over a cliff with the victim still in it. But when we see a shot from below the cliff of the car going over the edge, it isn't a Hillman Minx that goes over, but a 1930s American car. The kind we used to see in those Warner Bros gangster pictures with Humphrey Bogart. Obviously a piece of library footage. I guess the producers couldn't afford to wreck a brand new car. But it looked so obvious that it's stayed in my memory all these many decades later.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenburnfan View Post
        ASSIGNMENT REDHEAD went out on the ABC circuit in April, 1957, as the support to THE OPPOSITE SEX. I went to see it at the time as a ten year old
        As a ten year old? The IMDb says that they were both 'A' certificate when they were first released

Steve

Comment

You could go in with an adult over 21.This often meant hanging around outside asking someone to take you in with them.those were the days!

Comment

A neighbour who was 25 years older than I was took me in to see it with her son and daughter. I don't remember anything about either film, except for the scene described. I probably thought The Opposite Sex film was one big bore. In those days, I often waited outside the pictures when an A film was showing that I wanted to see and asked a man who was on his way in to take me in with him. It was considered normal in those days. These days, modern parents would be horrified at the thought of it.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenburnfan View Post
              These days, modern parents would be horrified at the thought of it.
              There are too many over-dramatic scare stories in the media that makes most parents terrified about "stranger danger". Never mind that many cases are actually due to relatives or friends of the family

Steve

Comment

Here is the British quad poster for Assignment Redhead (1956) which I uploaded quite recently on a different post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Assignment Redhead.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	3812

Comment

Great poster, Joe. Although the film itself wouldn't have won any awards.

Comment

• Joe Fraguela
                    Joe Fraguela commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No awards but it's a very rare opportunity to see Ronald Adam play a baddie. A typical 'B' movie film but entertaining enough.
                Working...
                X