No announcement yet.

Resemblances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always get Jonathan Routh & John Orchard confused!

Comment

Brian Rawlinson (The Big Job) and John Marquez (Doc Martin).

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Richard played Colonel Weaver, the Medical Officer at Arnhem. That’s what that picture is from.

Talking of Arnhem and the film A Bridge too Far and resemblances, I’m amazed how many actors in that film look a lot like the person they’re portraying. A lot more than is usually the case with actors portraying real people.

Steve
        I may have mixed up those two actors as well.

I've also noticed the facial similarities in A Bridge Too Far as well.

If you want a good read on the Paras, I can recommend Men of the Red Beret. Practically a film in every chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by ps68060 View Post
          I've also noticed the facial similarities in A Bridge Too Far as well.

If you want a good read on the Paras, I can recommend Men of the Red Beret. Practically a film in every chapter.
          I also like the filmThe Red Beret (1953) starring Alan Ladd.

That follows the career in the Paras of John Frost (called Major Snow in the film). Taking him through the raid on Bruneval & the attack he led on the airfield in North Africa.

Frost was played by Anthony Hopkins in A Bridge Too Far where he led the few troops who actually got to the bridge at Arnhem. But he gets his legs damaged by a mortar bomb & was taken prisoner.

Frost’s a bit of a personal hero of mine. He wrote two autobiographies: A Drop Too Many and Nearly There

Steve

Comment

Hayley Cropper (Julie Hesmondhalgh) & former Welsh Rugby Union legend Jonathan Davies!

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post
              Hayley Cropper (Julie Hesmondhalgh) & former Welsh Rugby Union legend Jonathan Davies!
              Oh Wadsy! Poor Julie!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	the-boy-dave-tv-programme-1975-shutterstock-editorial-1714820ab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	244.8 KB ID:	85930 actress Wendy allnut . looks like well . a couple of peple at least ..
                davina mcall and a younger carol vorderman .

Comment

Originally posted by AlecLeamas View Post
                  Click image for larger version Name:	the-boy-dave-tv-programme-1975-shutterstock-editorial-1714820ab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	244.8 KB ID:	85930 actress Wendy allnut . looks like well . a couple of peple at least ..
                  Nothing like either of them to my eyes. Although they're all female. But that's the only similarity

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Nothing like either of them to my eyes. Although they're all female. But that's the only similarity

Steve
                    your very harsh . steve . just saying . its a slow week do i need to remind you ...
                    Last edited by AlecLeamas; 13th March 2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

your very harsh . steve . just saying . its a slow week do i need to remind you ...
                      If you have nothing to say... then say nothing

I sometimes go for days without making a post

Steve

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	the-boy-dave-tv-programme-1975-shutterstock-editorial-1714820ab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	244.8 KB ID:	85930 actress Wendy allnut . looks like well . a couple of peple at least ..
                        There is certainly a resemblance to Davina in that picture Alec.

Comment

Sorry, but to my eyes she looks nothing like Carol Vorderman and even less like Davina McCall.
                          Same number of eyes though, I'll go that far.
                          Meanwhile, I do think that Carol Vorderman has a look of Celia Johnson

Click image for larger version

Name:	11138b59a31e297fa0ee307286c95c77.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	86498

Comment

Working...
                          X