Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing

According to IMDb “ Dave Cooper” played a “Henchman” in One Of Our Dinosaurs is Missing”

I have spoken to Dave and he can’t remember working on it , it’s over 40 years ago!

Has any one spotted Dave in the film ?

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0177972/fil...?ref_=m_nmfm_1

Originally posted by @ci5bdc View Post
    According to IMDb “ Dave Cooper” played a “Henchman” in One Of Our Dinosaurs is Missing”
    He's listed as being '(uncredited)' so maybe it was only a very small role & maybe he didn't do much that was memorable to him

Steve

Comment

IMDb is a great resource, but it's not infallible.

David Barry is credited as a coach driver in the final episode of "The Legacy Of Reginald Perrin". I have spoken with him and he knows he wasn't in it. I may have got this next bit wrong, but I think he even questioned this himself and learned that someone (not an actor - perhaps an actual coach driver?) with the same name did figure fleetingly as one of the drivers (several coaches were in the episode; in some cases you only briefly saw the back of a driver's head). I've just scanned through the episode on YouTube. Only two coach drivers have so much as a line to speak and only two coach drivers are credited. Certainly neither of them is the former TV star David Barry that I know.

I know about Equity's rule about clashing names, but could there be two Dave Coopers?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonch View Post
        IMDb is a great resource, but it's not infallible.
        Not many of us (or systems) are. I often tell people that the IMDb is not infallible

David Barry is credited as a coach driver in the final episode of "The Legacy Of Reginald Perrin". I have spoken with him and he knows he wasn't in it. I may have got this next bit wrong, but I think he even questioned this himself and learned that someone (not an actor - perhaps an actual coach driver?) with the same name did figure fleetingly as one of the drivers (several coaches were in the episode; in some cases you only briefly saw the back of a driver's head). I've just scanned through the episode on YouTube. Only two coach drivers have so much as a line to speak and only two coach drivers are credited. Certainly neither of them is the former TV star David Barry that I know.

I know about Equity's rule about clashing names, but could there be two Dave Coopers?
        Yes, although they don’t cross borders. You can have one David Barry in the UK and another one in the US of A. Equity and the SAG don’t (yet?) have a common agreement. Also, if one of the coach drivers was s non professional then they can both be listed but one will be listed as David Barry (II) and that will make the first one David Barry (I)

In fact that’s what you should do, rename the coach driver to David Barry (II) to split the entry

​​​​​​ Steve

Comment

Working...
        X