Son of Hitler (1979)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son of Hitler (1979)

A terrible title for a supposedly terrible comedy.
    This co German/ British production stars Bud Cort alongside Anton Diffring & amazingly Peter Cushing.
    Never released outside of Germany apparently. Has anybody seen it or even heard of it?

In the cause of all things Cushing, I've got it, seen it, and wished I hadn't.

Comment

• wadsy
      wadsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha! Sorry Gerald!

• agutterfan
      agutterfan commented
      Editing a comment
      poor Peter seemed to go through a phase of being offered nothing but Nazi types, apparently much to his distress. There was also a Nazi zombie thing he appeared in IIRC, which I've not seen myself.

• Gerald Lovell
      Gerald Lovell commented
      Editing a comment
      I have that one too (!), and cheap and ramshackle though it is, it's considerably better than the Hitler effort.

Son of Hitler, no desire to see this film. Anything to do with this monster, A comedy?, Hitler was nothing but a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
      Son of Hitler, no desire to see this film. Anything to do with this monster, A comedy?, Hitler was nothing but a monster.
      What about Spike Milligan’s Adolph Hitler, My Part in his Downfall (1973) with Jim Dale as Spike.

Steve

Comment

True Steve. From reading his books, it appears Spike was somewhat obsessed by Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
          True Steve. From reading his books, it appears Spike was somewhat obsessed by Hitler.
          I wouldn’t say Spike was obsessed with Hitler. Hitler & the war had a big effect on Spike’s life so he often wrote about it. But there were many things that obsessed him much more

Steve

Comment

I always felt that Spike's frequent Hitler gags and references, more so in his TV work than written, were a sort of catharsis for him given his tortuous war service.
            After all if something hurts, make a joke out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
              I always felt that Spike's frequent Hitler gags and references, more so in his TV work than written, were a sort of catharsis for him given his tortuous war service.
              After all if something hurts, make a joke out of it.
              Exactly, it's all a joke. Not an obsession

Steve

Comment

It doesn’t change history but it does satisfy the Jewish blood. A surprising blend of über violent revenge fantasy, intimate movie, and historical fiction. The screenplay was great !

Comment

While the plot has its challenging moments and some of the characterisation suffers a bit, the overall experience of SON OF HITLER is a surprisingly good one. With a fantastic homage to 1940's art and a high-intensity story, this is one to keep an eye on. The movie was outstanding and the screen play cast was good.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieCritic View Post
                    While the plot has its challenging moments and some of the characterisation suffers a bit, the overall experience of SON OF HITLER is a surprisingly good one. With a fantastic homage to 1940's art and a high-intensity story, this is one to keep an eye on. The movie was outstanding and the screen play cast was good.
                    It doesn’t change history but it does satisfy the Jewish blood. A surprising blend of über violent revenge fantasy, intimate movie, and historical fiction. The screenplay was great !
                    https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...on-of-hitler/1

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-son-of-hitler

You're at it again MovieCritic, copying and pasting other peoples opinions. Do you have no original ideas of your own to share with us?

Comment

While the plot has its challenging moments and some of the characterisation suffers a bit, the overall experience of SON OF HITLER is a surprisingly good one. With a fantastic homage to 1940's art and a high-intensity story, this is one to keep an eye on. The free slots uk was outstanding and the screen play cast was good.
                      Loved it too!
                      Last edited by morty; 22nd November 2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X