Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

The making of An American Werewolf in London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The making of An American Werewolf in London

A short interview with John Landis and David Naughton about the making of An American Werewolf in London.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...on-john-landis

Nick

I love that film. I remember enjoying the London location spotting particularly. The scenes in Tottenham Court Road tube station were special for me as I knew it very well... and it changed appearance dramatically shortly after - new mosaic tiling on many of the walls, by Eduardo Paolozzi IIRC. There were scenes on Hampstead Heath that were filmed very close to where my friend lived. Picadilly Circus - I often wondered if it had been done at Elstree or somewhere, but I read recently that all the shots were actually at the location - even the stunts with skidding buses, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
      I love that film. I remember enjoying the London location spotting particularly. The scenes in Tottenham Court Road tube station were special for me as I knew it very well... and it changed appearance dramatically shortly after - new mosaic tiling on many of the walls, by Eduardo Paolozzi IIRC. There were scenes on Hampstead Heath that were filmed very close to where my friend lived. Picadilly Circus - I often wondered if it had been done at Elstree or somewhere, but I read recently that all the shots were actually at the location - even the stunts with skidding buses, etc.
      I dont know if all the shots were filmed there but Piccadilly Circus was definately used. I remember an interview with Landis when he said it was the first time the landmakrk had been used as an actual location and not just a backdrop.

Comment

"Stay on the path!"

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamilton View Post

I dont know if all the shots were filmed there but Piccadilly Circus was definately used. I remember an interview with Landis when he said it was the first time the landmakrk had been used as an actual location and not just a backdrop.
          I think it was used as an actual location in Brannigan (1975) which was before the John Landis film in 1981..

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post

I think it was used as an actual location in Brannigan (1975) which was before the John Landis film in 1981..
            Maybe Landis hasn't sent that one

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamilton View Post

Maybe Landis hasn't sent that one
              Sent being the operative word as the Brannigan scene in Piccadilly Circus involved a pillar box.

Comment

Thanks for the link, interesting article ... "Jenny Agutter was a class act", indeed.

Comment

The Eros Cinema on the very corner of Shaftesbury Avenue and Piccadilly Circus is the key building featured in the production. Sure R**LStreets has it as a profile?

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/13073

Comment

I regret that I never went to that cinema... but I think my father would have had a fit if I said I'd been there. He warned me about that one!

Comment

Working...
                    X